HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - poll! best quality scope
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2003, 04:51 PM
James B
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: poll! best quality scope

I agree 100 percent with One Shot. For the money Bushnell. I have had about 25 of them over the years. I have had about a jillion guns being a gun nut since age six. I have had about the same number of Tasco world class scopes.I have had three Leupolds sent two of them back. Just bought a New Leupold that I have not used yet. My Tasco and Bushnells have been on rifles from 222 to 416 Rem Mag. To this date after 45 years of using them I have had to send just exactly zero of them back for service. I sent back one Simmons with broken crosshairs. My fault, forgot to tighten the ring screws. In my life I have paid over two hundred bucks for only four scopes and I had to send two of them back. I also have a new Nikon that has very critical eye relief. I don,t like it real well. None of my Bushnell or Tasco' s cost over 80.00 bucks. The best overall scope I have ever had is a 30 year old Redfiel Tracker 2X7. Were I to take that once in a lifetime trip, you better believe that old Redfield would be with me. I bought the new Leupold to ty to break the jinx, I have just had rotten luck with them. One thing that bothers me as my eye gets older is I find that the eye relief is much more critical than it used to be. I have to get those scopes mounted just exactly the right distance or I have fits with them. That didn,t used to be a problem.