Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Encore trigger job >

Encore trigger job

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Encore trigger job

Old 02-21-2003, 12:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default Encore trigger job

I sent my encore away to Bellm for the deluxe job and the trigger has a great trigger pull but there' s still some creep. I emailed him and was told it' s in the unorthodox design of the engagement. He said he doesn' t monkey with the engagement because the hammer can possibly be pushed off. Before I sent it for the work the creep was jagged and now it' s imperceptible unless I watch my finger on the trigger. Bellm said not to worry about what I see and concentrate more on what I feel. I dry fired it with an empty cartridge and it feels good and he' s right I can' t perceive the creep. He said TC' s trigger is not like any other design. Do any of you have the same experience and is my answer from Bellm correct? I feel better about it but wanted some feedback from those who might know.
Old 02-21-2003, 03:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Encore trigger job

I did my own using bellem springs and a little touch up and have absolutelt no creep.Mine is set at 2 1/2 lbs. love it.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sent my Encore to www.virginvalleyguns.com and it came back without any creep...[]
Old 02-22-2003, 06:51 PM

I sent mine to E.Arthur Brown for a trigger job and to have a muzzlebrake put on it as well as a new finish. The trigger pull is superb, it is right at 2 lbs with no creep at all. It shoots great. I hunted with it during gun season and took two deer with it. The muzzle brake makes the .300 win mag barrel shoot like a dream.
Check his web site at www.eabco.com.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

I appreciate your answers guys. Could you all check your encores and just look at your trigger while you pull it. If it moves a little at all is the same condition that I have. You can' t feel it but you might see it. Mine looks more like a " flex" than a creep and I just wanted confirmation. I would appreciate it.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

i did my own a couple of weeks ago. i used the free encore trigger program, a #4 spring and a wyoming stone from mike bellm and i have my trigger pull at 2 pounds and it is real crisp with no creep, i like it a lot.