Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Encore trigger job? >

Encore trigger job?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Encore trigger job?

Old 01-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Encore trigger job?

Anyone ever sent their Ml'er back to T/C to get them to lighten the pull? I know my endeavor must break around 6-7pounds, which is to much for my likes. Its my only issue with the rifle. I contacted TC and they said they would lighten the pull. I just dont want a crappy job done, but its free though and I would assume they should do a top notch job. Ive been in contact with David White so he's a option also. Im thinking of trying T/C's job since its free. If its not to my likes still, I'll send it to David. I know Mike Bellm does them, but he's not taking orders and if he does, its 225bucks

I just wanted to see if anyone did have TC lighten their trigger pull and how they liked it.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Encore trigger job?

My first Encore had a terrible trigger (in fact, function of the entire action was terrible). I sent it back to TC, they fixed the grinding and snapping noises in the action and did a trigger job. I believe it came back at about 3.5# pull, nice and clean but still heavier than I wanted. So I got the Bellm download and a Bellm #3 spring and went to work. All that was necessary was changing the spring at that point.

You can't beat the price but I would ask them to make it as light as they can go and not upset their lawyers.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the info! TC does good work, so thats why I figured they would do a good job. I know Bellm and White will probably do better though.

right now you have to apply a little to much pressure for it to break
Old 01-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bellm did a couple for me. Not sure where you got the $225 price., He did mine for $75, and the job was impeccable. Turn around time was 2 weeks for mine.

I would not depend, nor would I believe the facotry would do a trigger job to the specifications that Bellm did mine to. Tom.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

I can post the email where he said 225... normally he's charging 125 now but he said he's so backed up that he's not taking trigger jobs at this time, unless you want to pay the full price of 225
Old 01-22-2009, 05:48 AM

Bellm did a trigger for me several years ago and I am still shooting it today... its an amazing trigger job he did.

It is TRUE that he is very backed up... and knowing Mike, I can see him raising his prices through the roof to get business back in check... thats just how he is. He is very hard headed. He has annoyed me on more then one occasion. This week he had time to send me FIVE (5) e-mails of Newsletters, updates and corrections of his Newsletter, and ads for his Bargara Barrels he sells, etc etc etc. I sent him an e-mail after the 5th e-mail and said... "MIKE, PLEASE take me off your e-mail list". He gave me some sorry excuse and said he can't and he has no control over it. Of course he didnt know how to unsubscribe me nor is there any links to doing it... so I just dumped him in my SPAM filter! The man does awesome work... but is a pain in the rear end!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, where does he get the time to write & send out all those newletters? I'm not suprised at any of this. I spoke on the phone with him one day and he kept complaining he had to go have his lunch. But he kept right on talking/complaing/talking/complaining. [&:]

Kind of a funny guy...but I guess his work is top notch. I sent for his springs and download and followed those directions to a tee. The trigger came outsweet!
Old 01-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

i also ordered all 3 springs for my ENCORE from him ...and the alum. hammer extention ...i took the 2 1/2 lbs spring for my trigger ,will i get any improvement just with the spring for the trigger .????
Old 01-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your trigger currently breaks clean with no creep, the spring may be all that is needed. Yes, I would say you will see improvement in so far as a reduced pull-weight but for those other issues a very slow and meticulous honing of the sear contacts would be in order. Follow the guidance given in Bellm's download (religiously) and you will almost certainly end up with a trigger that is both much improved and still safe.

The amount of honing, without changing ANY angles at all, should be enough to eliminate the ridges you will note on the major trigger/hammer parts but no more.

I have to say that, for the money those TCs are bringing, one would expect them to provide consistently decent triggers.