Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office? >

What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office?

Old 01-28-2008, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office?

If it's got a trigger and fires projectiles it may be subject to new "control" measures. Remember, if the Dems control everything they will try anything.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

congress is controled by the left right now
ORIGINAL: The Famous Grouse

Sorry folks, but a little reality check here. We have three seperate branches of government in this country, thank God, but during the MondoMediaMania of presidential elections people tend to forget that.

When a presidential candidate says they would do this/that/the other thing, what they're saying is that if the bill came in front of them, they'd sign it. Erm, notice that first part: If the bill. . .

And where does the bill need to come from? Congress, I hear you say! Congress. Remember them? The president can't just do anything they want, the bill has to come from congress.

So how likely is it that your friends in Congress would pass a gun control bill for Hillary to sign? Not very.

Why? Kids, I can tell you, the average member of congress looks at gun laws and says, "I don't need the hassle." Keep in mind, the only people in the US who envy Bush's SuperLow approval rates have "Congressman" in frontof their name. Congress' approvalrating is even lower theDubya's.

Bottom line is I won't be rushing out to the gun shop anytime soon.I'd worry more about ammo prices and the economymaking it impossible for the average guy toshoot than I would Hillary grabbing all theguns.

Grouse
Old 01-28-2008, 09:38 AM

I really, really hope bolt action rifles are included IF they decide to draft a new ban...it would motivate more people to finally wake up to this nonsense...
Old 01-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

hey you better buy everything from BB guns to paintball guns to Ar's and 50bmgs
anything that shoot anything but bubbles will be on the list
ORIGINAL: skin290

I really, really hope bolt action rifles are included IF they decide to draft a new ban...it would motivate more people to finally wake up to this nonsense...
Old 01-28-2008, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

hey you better buy everything from BB guns to paintball guns to Ar's and 50bmgs
ORIGINAL: skin290

No, they will appease the "guns are for hunting, whattya gonna use that for" crowd in the Union hall...it would take a few more pres. terms to get them all...

Heck, i saw a guy on here respond to "What should I get my brother for a Self Defense Gun" post with
"If he needs a gun for self defense, tell him to move!"
I couldn't believe it on a hunting site...
I tend to call those people "Fudds" (yes, as in Elmer)
Old 01-28-2008, 01:08 PM

No, they will appease the "guns are for hunting, what you gonna use that for" crowd in the Union hall...it would take a few more pres. terms to get them all...
it might take several years, or even decades to take EVERYTHING away, but its a long slippery slope. If they gain momentum we might never stop them... especially considering that our economy is headed for the pooper. History has shown that desperate times are often answered by extreme measures... measures which sometimes are reflections personal agenda rather than overall groupbenefit. Dont believe it will happen? they will obscure statistics and make anyone whose never handled a gun fear them to the point where they consider them evil. Why do you think that the bans in individual cities have worked? I grew up in the city and while I always respected firearms and thought they were cool, we were all raised to fear them because they were evil. Huntingirl89 showed me the truth about them and its shocking how incredibly brain washed many urbanites are about firearms. They are taught to fear them and their owners... if you hunt you are bambi killers if you have a pistol then you must be a criminal. It is that fear that the left will exploit in an emergency situation. If we ever get attacked again (god forbid) or with we have another natural disaster they will use the chaos to take your rights away. Dont believe me? it happened in New Orleans with Katrina.

all Im saying is if you give em and inch today they will take a mile tomorrow....
next year "assault" weapons
year after that pump action shotguns... (street sweepers)
in ten years bolt actions(sniper rifles)
in15 yearsonly hunters may have guns (they will have to apply for advance licenses, and be restricted to single shot)
in 20 years anyone with so much as a zip gun will become an enemy of the state and be declared a threat to peace, security,safety!!!

exaggeration?? maybe a little but its all about the principle... we cant let some ignorant people who have bought their way into politics by accepting bribes from big business and lobby groups take away our bill of rights....by they Democrats, Republicans, Independent, Green...)

Ijust find itfunny how the people who wanna take all the guns away and throw the second amendment out the window are the first people to complain about the government infringing on their other rights. They claimthe first amendment gives them the rightto burn flags and spit on soldiers, they claim thatthe fourth amendmentsays the govt has no right to search their property.... and confiscate their pot... yeah they want those amendments... well news flash you cant have some without the others,the 2nd amendments was designed to protect all of our others.

freaking histerical.... maybe thats why i laugh at them when they get pepper sprayed... idiots...

My Opinion only!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Badger Boy

No, they will appease the "guns are for hunting, what you gonna use that for" crowd in the Union hall...it would take a few more pres. terms to get them all...

all Im saying is if you give em and inch today they will take a mile tomorrow....
next year "assault" weapons
year after that pump action shotguns... (street sweepers)
in ten years bolt actions(sniper rifles)
in15 yearsonly hunters may have guns (they will have to apply for advance licenses, and be restricted to single shot)
in 20 years anyone with so much as a zip gun will become an enemy of the state and be declared a threat to peace, security,safety!!!

Hope you don't think i was advocating that its OK to ban everything but my "lever action thuddy-thuddy," if so read again...I was merely pointing out how many guys think guns are only for hunting and don't care if all the others are banned, as long as they are OK!

Talk to your fellow hunters like that on this board, not me. I'm an idealistic, freaky anarcho-Libertarian that would sell machine guns to anyone free of jail...
Old 01-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Watch out, they'll ban those too. It stings really, reallybad if you get a bubble in the eye...
Old 01-28-2008, 01:39 PM

sorry skin290 i didnt mean to single you out, i just didnt wanna quote a quote of two other quotes and only picked out a small part of it. I was refering to the general direction the the discussion was heading into... and that to me appeared to be one of appeasement.

for the record, I agree that we need to all ban together. Hunters, Competition Shooters, Home Owners alike need to stand united and say "we will not let you take ANY of our rights away"

Hopefor the Best Prepare for the Worse...
Old 01-28-2008, 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

Watch out, they'll ban those too. It stings really, reallybad if you get a bubble in the eye...

"BUBBLE RAY GUN OF SOAPY DEATH"

Quick Reply: What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.