Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office? >

What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office?

Old 01-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Spike

Default RE: What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office?

Do you realize that our federal budget has grown by 1.1 trillion in the past 8 years?? That is the entire amount of the personal income tax. This is not a scare tactic, it's the truth. If the truth scares you, then it's not the truth's fault. And how do you support (seemingly) the scare tactics of - well we need to invade Iraq, they have terorists and nuclear weapons and they will probably attack us if we dont invade - ??? That is ok with you but Ron Paul saying that China is racking up billions of dollars by loaning us money (which is 100% true) is being negitive?? I dont get it.

He has a lot of good things to say. You clearly have not taken the time to listen to what he says. You have formed your opinion of him, and you will not be swayed. That's fine, but it's not an educated position. I can say the sky is purple all day long, but if I never go outside and look at the sky, then I am not making an informed statement.

Here is the link saying Ron Paul leads the all candidates in military donations (there are several others, just do a google search): http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/2007/07/17/ron-paul-leads-all-08-candidates-with-one-third-of-military-contributions-for-q2

Do you realize how little the federal government is supposed to be involved in our lives?? All services - roads, schools, etc. - are supposed to be provided on the state level. So he is not always saying - we "can't" do that program. he is often saying - the federal government has no right to be involved in that program so it should be eliminated. Washington is broke and broken. Now maybe you just want a candidate who is going to blow sunshine up your butt all day, and that's fine, there are plenty of candidates that will continue to tell you that everything is great. But that is not the reality. (by the way, hich candidate is not saying thigs are awful??? I thought that's what they all did - things are bad, I can make them better, so vote for me!)

If I bought a car and it will cost 35% of my gross income to fix it, I am going to cut my losses and go get a different car that I can afford. Also, if my mechanic tells me that there is a huge problem with the engine that needs to be fixed ASAP, and I pay a bunch of money to fix the engine, then come to find out the engine was ok, but now that he has worked on it, it needs to be rebuilt for a cost of 20 times the original quote, I'm going to be pretty pissed. I'm going to look for a new mechanic, and I am not paying all that money for that car.

The middle east has a pretty capable anti-islamic force with nuclear weapons and the most powerful military in the area in Israel. If they see a problem with Iran, they can deal with it. Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, they can do whatever they want. Have at it, fight to their hearts content. Just keep us out of it. If we have the money to buy their oil, they will continue to sell us oil. The dumbest thing we could have done was to take Saddam out of power. There was a delicate balance kept between Iran and Iraq which we completly disrupted and tipped the scales in the favor of Iran, which now has the nuts to try to go nuclear (somrthing Saddam would have NEVER allowed ot happen). Although I am not sure that wasnt the plan the entire time....

I'm not telling you who to vote for or what to believe, but I do think it would be in everyone's best interest to make educated decisions on candidates. So I'd really encourtage you to read up a little more on not only Ron Paul, but all the candidates before choosing which one you are going to vote for.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office?

ORIGINAL: The Famous Grouse

Sorry folks, but a little reality check here. We have three seperate branches of government in this country, thank God, but during the MondoMediaMania of presidential elections people tend to forget that.

When a presidential candidate says they would do this/that/the other thing, what they're saying is that if the bill came in front of them, they'd sign it. Erm, notice that first part: If the bill. . .

And where does the bill need to come from? Congress, I hear you say! Congress. Remember them? The president can't just do anything they want, the bill has to come from congress.

So how likely is it that your friends in Congress would pass a gun control bill for Hillary to sign? Not very.

Why? Kids, I can tell you, the average member of congress looks at gun laws and says, "I don't need the hassle." Keep in mind, the only people in the US who envy Bush's SuperLow approval rates have "Congressman" in frontof their name. Congress' approvalrating is even lower theDubya's.

Bottom line is I won't be rushing out to the gun shop anytime soon.I'd worry more about ammo prices and the economymaking it impossible for the average guy toshoot than I would Hillary grabbing all theguns.

Grouse
Agreed. To add to the rationality, it would be political suicide for a national level politician to totally alienate a sixth of the population. That may not seem like a lot, but 1 out of 6 people hunting is a hugely important percentage.