Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Should Felons own Firearms? >

Should Felons own Firearms?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Should Felons own Firearms?

Old 01-22-2008, 07:35 PM

Default RE: Should Felons own Firearms?

ORIGINAL: bigcountry
They got out, some I know are some outstanding Christians that do more for the community than 90%.
religious people = criminals.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:36 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Encorepete

Could you pleasepoint out the convicted felons that are doing more for their community than 90% of the rest of us?? I had a hard time locating the"Christian Drug Growers for Community Service" group on the internet. You may be confusing part of their sentence "Community Service" with donated "Community Service". Theydohave the same title, but are not the same thing, lol.

See thats my point right there. The picture you paint is so one sided. My best friend in Ky for one. The guy did some stupid things 18-23. Got messed up with drugs. Hasn't touched any in 15 years. Time served, went back to college and got an Electrical Ass. degree. Lives in Richmond, Ky now, has a family, pays his taxes, just a good ole boy that would be at my aid if ever called. Then you have my elder at my church. This guy volunteers I bet 40 hours a week for missions leading people to Christ. He was a swidler, he was white collar crook and in his life stole tens of thousands of dollars. Christ came in his life, and this guy works hard, and I would trust him with my life. He travels every year over seas to Croatia, and southern Carribian, Russia, building schools and spreading the word of Christ. He works a decent job 40 hours and volunteers the other 40 hours a week. I struggle to work 60 hours a week. There was people I met in AA, that traveled and talked every night and has served their time, and spends countless hours volunteering to help people to overcome thier addiction. You don't mention any of these people do ya?
My uncle in Ociana, WV, stole cars when he was a kid. Served his time and you won't find a more law abiding citizen.

Funny thing is, none of them has the least bit of interest in guns. But I am making a point.

How is it possible, I know all these success stories, and you don't know hardly any? Somebody here is tellin some big ones.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:37 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: BigHonkers

They got out, some I know are some outstanding Christians that do more for the community than 90%.
religious people = criminals.
Thats funny, kinda if it wasn't written, that one day, we will be.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:10 PM

ok, you win, you know 4 people who once got in trouble and have straightened up....I might be able to name 4 if I think hard. There are many, many others that have gone straight. After they have been good for a long time, they might be able to get their guns back. They have to follow theprocedure to get their rights back. It's already there, they just have to apply to the right court. Until then, they can bow hunt. It's a real man's sport anyway!!

I just cannot and will not ever stop objecting to giving guns to criminals. The law is currently on my side. I will fight it to the death if it is everproposed as a law change in my state and I will continue to arrest those felons that have guns in violation of that law.

I simply agree that we disagree on this issue, sir!!

Now...would you care to debate marijuana legalization?? or Less Filling Vs. Tastes Great! or Tom BradyV. Joe Montana V. Terry Bradshaw? Ford V.Chevy? Crown Vics V. Charger V. Impala Police Cars, or Revolver V. Semi, or Glock V. Smith, etc???

Old 01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

Plus, most of our prisons are filled with repeat offenders. I know people can change, a very dear friend of mine used to rob drug stores in Texas back in the early '70's.He got caught done his time for armed robbery and has not been in trouble since. But he and I both agree he does not deserve the right to own a firearm ever again, he gave up that right by committing the crimes he did.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:35 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Tuco

Plus, most of our prisons are filled with repeat offenders. I know people can change, a very dear friend of mine used to rob drug stores in Texas back in the early '70's.He got caught done his time for armed robbery and has not been in trouble since. But he and I both agree he does not deserve the right to own a firearm ever again, he gave up that right by committing the crimes he did.
What are you freakin talking about??? Homer, he robbed drug stores. Homer, we are not discussing that. Have you not read any of this thread?

Old 01-23-2008, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Homer? Me?

Not me, I didn't write that, but armed robberyIS probably a felony. Isn't the topic of this thread whether or not "felons" should be allowed to own firearms? Yes, but ARMED ROBBERY is very bad, so it's obvious that he shouldn't have a firearm - or at least I'm assuming that'll be your position (which I'd have to agree with in this specific instance). However, there are a number of other "felony" offenses I also deem as bad, and generally because the law doesn't qualify them as "misdemeanors". So, if it's bad enough to be labeled a "felony", it's bad enough the perpetrator should forfeit his right - permanently, IMO

We all have different standards of "bad" - which is why there's so much debate here and likely why we'll never see a national move togrant felons2nd Amendment rights.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Encorepete
Now for my question of common sense:
When do westop being victimizedby them?
Pete, your comments are so one sided they are close to be unbeleivable and maybe little embellished(maybe). I know cops, and cops like to embellish there storiesa little. And from Southern WV, the biggest criminals were the ones with badges. I know thats small time crooked, USA.So I am little biased when I hear stories from policemen.Like I said, I know several people that has been in the slammer for growing drugs in Southern WV/Eastern Ky. They got out, some I know are some outstanding Christians that do more for the community than 90%.

You know I used to be like you. I used to think druggies, and drunks was trash, and all should be discarded. I believed this way until 3 years ago. I then helped out a friend thru AA. I attended AA with that friend for support, and met dozens of people that was able to hold a job. Got thier life together. Had a renewed sense of self control. I was impressed. They may be a small number. But you know what, they deserved a chance. And they prove it every day.

We keep saying it over and over, but its not getting thru to you. We are not talking violent criminals, or ones who used a gun or weapon in thier crime.
This reminds me of the time the Texas Rangers came to town in Amarillo, TX, to "clean up the crooks". The first thing they did was arrest the county sheriff, the Chief of Police, and the Mayor so these peoplecouldn't interfere with rounding up the rest of the bandidos.......
Old 01-23-2008, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Right now, there are MORE people in jail in the U.S. than any other country in the world! How come??
Old 01-23-2008, 07:28 AM

I might guess at that Eldequello, but I dont know why. Does it have to do with the fact that we have the money to keep people in jail? Do we have more crime? Do we have more guns? Is it in our culture? Is it "the man" trying to keep the poor folk down?

There are many people serving jail time for minor crimes that could be handled a variety of different ways, including treatment, etc. I would say, however, that the majority of people deserve to be there.

I shudder to think what it would be like if they weren't in jail, or if the threat of jail didnt exist.

Quick Reply: Should Felons own Firearms?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.