Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 DRT Frangible Ammo >

DRT Frangible Ammo

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

DRT Frangible Ammo

Old 03-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: DRT Frangible Ammo

There's been plenty of "attitude" going both ways.
Your right ipsc, and I will be the first to apologize to S1. These bullets are cool, I just dont think they would be good for medium to large game animals. If S1 could provide me with proof that this bullet, that I can purchase (not what the military uses), I mean bullets that they sell to the public, will penetrate a shoulder bone, then I will purchase a box. (provided you make them 7mm wsm!)
Old 03-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

It would have been nice if the discussion could have been a little more polite on both sides. It's a good thing to learn about new technology, and a rancorous discussion is not conducive to learning... None of us have experience with this round, therefore, it is not appropriate to simply dismiss it out of hand. On the other hand, it is appropriate to ask questions about things like bone penetration and to point out that no real hunter is going to intentionally gut shoot an animal. It's also appropriate to vigorously defend your product. But a degree of civility should be exercised on all sides.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

And as for the "wound that is about the dimensions of a size 5 soccer ball", I didn't know soccer balls came in different sizes. And where is the proof of this claim? Show me a slab of balistics gel, that shows wound dimensions and penetration depths.

They do come in sizes. A size 5 is the largest, and is standard for high school, collegiate and FIFA play. Essentially, its regulation size. It has a diameter right around 8 inches, and a circumference of between 27-28" to comply with international rules. The smaller sizes are used for smaller players, such as younger children. For perspective purposes, its larger than a volleyball and slightly smaller than a basketball.

An 8" diameter wound cavity on a whitetail deer, at least on your average size doe in my part of the world, may very well cut it in half.

S1, good luck with your future endeavors.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it's still edible then you could carry it more easily!

I'm still waiting for a bullet that will dress and butcher a deer. Just have to dust the meat off and put it in butcher paper.

Tom
Old 03-20-2008, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

And as for the "wound that is about the dimensions of a size 5 soccer ball", I didn't know soccer balls came in different sizes. And where is the proof of this claim? Show me a slab of balistics gel, that shows wound dimensions and penetration depths.

They do come in sizes. A size 5 is the largest, and is standard for high school, collegiate and FIFA play. Essentially, its regulation size. It has a diameter right around 8 inches, and a circumference of between 27-28" to comply with international rules. The smaller sizes are used for smaller players, such as younger children. For perspective purposes, its larger than a volleyball and slightly smaller than a basketball.

An 8" diameter wound cavity on a whitetail deer, at least on your average size doe in my part of the world, may very well cut it in half.

S1, good luck with your future endeavors.
Huh, learn something new every day.

And again I will state: My question has still not been answered. I'm not saying it doesn't work. But I'm not going to blindly follow along without these substantial claims being explained.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:41 PM
S1

I have answered the bone question in a previous post, here it is again for those of you that were adjusting your monitors or may have missed it.

"There is no truth to the statement that these bullets are designed to 'disintegrate on impact'. Tungsten is much harder than lead, and about 25 percent denser than lead in our core's format. Even the lightest compressed cores that I have tested easily penetrate the front shoulder bone of the largest North American Big Game. I specifically look for a quartering towards me shot opportunity so I can blow bone fragments into the lung area when using this bullet technology.

Notice that this answer was in a post that was NEVER EDITED. It shows how fake and misleading certain posters are claiming that I never addressed the question about the shoulder bone performance. For the record, I have shot many elk, several bears, a moose, and countless deer, all were quartering towards me shots where even the lightest compressed cores had no problem penetrating the shoulder bones.

It is a shame that some are so misleading as to claim I have not addressed this issue. While we are at it, lets revisit some of the other myths these ladies continue to try and propagate.

1. I do not advocate gut shooting animals, NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL.

2. I do not own any shares in the company or own any of the patents. I have no financial stake in their success of failure.

3. I am a trained sniper and mechanical engineer, and have tested most of these products for accuracy, external and terminal ballistics at extreme range.

4. I have hunted with these projectiles for over a decade, and have deployed with these projectiles. I have witnessed many other people kill with these projectiles and filmed some of the events.

5. If you can not understand what variable core compression can do for a penetration profile, there is no helping you and I will not explain it again. Leave this bullet technology to the professionals and keep shooting lead, I don't care.

6. Swamppuppy, please put your money where your mouth is, I am holding the proof, and a dishonest POS like you needs a lesson. I am not going anywhere, and I am sure a guy like longrifle 1000 will hold the cash.

7. If you have a 30 cal. magnum, you can always buy a box of 200 grainers and split them up among your friends and go kill something, kind of like "CLUE YOUR SELF IN".

8. These bullets are denser than lead, and more lethal. These are no gimmick as some of the liars have claimed. This technology has been in the hands of our best operators for over a DECADE, and has proven itself thousands of times in the real world, you know, that place some of you refuse to visit.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: S1
here it is again for those of you that were adjusting your skirts or may be illiterate:
FU or pha-q how ever you want it buddy. People asked questions or were a little skeptical and you got your panties in a wad.
By the way I cannot even imagine the amount of blood shot meat these would cause!

Longrifle,
Thanks. I always get those confused.

mello
Old 03-20-2008, 02:34 PM
S1

MC - Say that BS to my face, and we can get it worked out real quick. It is not my fault your too stupid to read. It seems you get a lot confused. Your just a myth making, cake eating skirt, with absolutely no clue.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

How sweet.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

My address is

906 Tiffay Court
Cayce SC 29033

Quick Reply: DRT Frangible Ammo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.