Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 DRT Frangible Ammo >

DRT Frangible Ammo

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

DRT Frangible Ammo

Old 03-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: DRT Frangible Ammo

Info on where this type of ammo was researched as a non-toxic alternative to lead.

http://www.ms.ornl.gov/researchgroups/SPM/methods/powder/NTammo/Ntammo.htm

Link to Extreme shock’s version in 308win impacting gel.

vid
Old 03-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

edit
Old 03-20-2008, 04:53 PM
S1

I addressed the shoulder bone issue specifically on page 2 of this thread,

"If you have not shot both technologies, compared them side by side, then you should not be talking smack about something you know absolutely nothing about. The 200 grain PT 30 caliber bores a 1/2 inch diameter hole in the shoulder of an Elk, liquifies the lungs, 1/2 of the heart, and the top 1/3 of the liver. Not to mention the animal drops to the ground like a puppet with the strings cut. "

I addressed it again on page 4,

"There is no truth to the statement that these bullets are designed to 'disintegrate on impact'. Tungsten is much harder than lead, and about 25 percent denser than lead in our core's format. Even the lightest compressed cores that I have tested easily penetrate the front shoulder bone of the largest North American Big Game. I specifically look for a quartering towards me shot opportunity so I can blow bone fragments into the lung area when using this bullet technology."

On page 2 swamp puppy says this,

"SwampCollie
titleAndStar(2268,0,false,false,"","")Non-Typical

[align=center][/align]

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

"A leathal powder of particles...."

[/blockquote]

"Thats an oxy-moron. I'm with you longrifle, I'd bet money it would splash on bone... heck its designed to splash."

Some of you ladies are not the only ones with questions. I answered the bone question multiple times, now I have a few questions.....

1. How much money does Swamp puppy want to bet these bullets will splash on shoulder bone? I am in for how ever much cash you put up.

2. How much money are the liars willing to bet against the fact that the SS uses this bullet technology for their CS units? I am in for however much money you all put up.

Simple questions ladies, how much can you afford to lose?

Old 03-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

S1 - You really need to work on your sales techniques. I find the bullets intriguing. Not sure I understand how they penetrate bone and then create the soccer ball size wound tracks, but, I've not seen the tests or used the bullets, so I take you at your word. I tried to defend you a bit, above, and called for a bit of civility from both sides in this discussion. That being said, your defense of your product here has been extraordinarily unprofessional, and I wouldn't use your bullets if you were giving them away.

...Deleted by CalHunter... all of that garbage is uncalled for. You can keep your bullets.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

S1,

Lets see something in writing about the Secret Sevice using them.

Lets see some pics of animals that you have shot with them.

Lets see some pics of gel tests.

Lets see a pic of you holding one in your hand.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:32 PM
S1

ipscshooter - I am not selling anything, and I certainly don't need you to defend JS. You and your buds are so missinformed and full of BS, it is amazing anyone trusts y'all with firearms of anykind.

"adjusting skirts" ... "ladies" ... all of that garbage is uncalled for."

You and your buds started the garbage and misinformation, all from a bunch of punks that never even bothered to shoot one bullet of the newer technology. Talking smack about something you know nothing about is garbage. It is the kind of thing chicks do, not grown mature men. If you read the thread from beggining to end, it is obvious to any honest person who started the garbage and BS. I don't care if you understand how things work, you probably don't fully understand the exothermic reaction the takes place in the car you drive, but you still get from point A to point B with it.

Its is not by job to educate you. It is a free country, and that means you are free to remain as ignorant as you choose. Set your standards as low as you like. You don't have to take my word for it. The research is out there and in the public domain, try google. The most amazing thing is how completely ignorant so many supposed "shooters" on this forum actually are of technology that has been in the public domain for almost half of a decade. Some of you are about as sharp as a bowling ball.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:38 PM
S1

I am not selling anything, just setting the record straight on the misinformation in the thread. Put your money where your mouth is JeepKid, I got everthing you need.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahh heck forget it.... everyoneon shooting forums is a "trained sniper" with 10,000 kills andcan beat up everybody withone arm tied behind their back. I stand by what I said before, S1 make all the threats you want to, I'm sure when you were in the military you liked men in"skirts" which is why you so fondly call all of us such things..... I wonder what Freud woudl say?

I'm out of this one... keep on posting slanderouslies aboutme if you like. I didn't post anything on this thread that isn't support by evidence, or just simply my subjective opinion.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: S1

ipscshooter - I am not selling anything, and I certainly don't need you to defend JS. ...Deleted by CalHunter...

...Deleted by CalHunter... all of that garbage is uncalled for."

...Deleted by CalHunter...
I didn't start anything. I wasn't talking smack. I wasn't espousing any uninformed BS. I was asking for a civil discussion so that I could learn about the product. One of the guys even apologized to you as a result of my request for civility. Yet, you continue with calling people names. Since, you think everyone here is uninformed, stupid, ignorant, sharp as a bowling ball, punks, chicks, etc., etc., etc., why do you even bother hanging around? You're not interested in a civil discussion of the product. Take your nine posts and Leave.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:00 PM
S1

Swamppuppy - Why should I send you bullets when you can buy them like a grown man and test them yourself? Are you lame? I told you how they performed in my tests, and you ignored my answers to the bone question and continued to BS everbody. Your crap fills the end of page 3 and most of Page 4 in this thread. You even quoted my answer to your "bone question" and then later in the same post said I never addressed it.

You are the king of crap, and I am still curious, where did you get your crystal ball? Here is another one of your 'Civil Quotes'.

"No thanks...... the rock salt/seasoning duck shot was a better idea than this."

Unfortunately for you, this bullet tech is not an 'IDEA'. It has been around for over a decade and a half. Harold Beal and Marty Fackler were designing and making these before the mid 1990's.

You are the one that started the bet crap, here is yet another example......

" I'll make a bet with you. I'll bet you won't send me those bullets. "

It appears you have the gambling issues. You put out the challenge, it is time for you to man up and put your money where your mouth is....or go iron your skirt.

Quick Reply: DRT Frangible Ammo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.