Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 whats the difference? >

whats the difference?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

whats the difference?

Old 12-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whats the difference?

if you want to settle this like men i will be glad to give you my address
Sounds like this guy's looking to book a trip to "banned camp".
Old 12-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: jamesward1289

gingerbear said the same thing so jump their ass too
Dude, there wasn't anybody "jumping your ass". If you took it that way, sorry. For future reference, when folks add a , a , or a , it typically means they are just kidding with you. As I said in post #48, above, I really intended my response to be informative to the original poster, who might not have known that the .222 and the .223 both use .224 bullets. And, if you want to discuss matters with someone, it's typically better without name-calling or chest-thumping.

DannyD: I'm sorry to have taken the post off-topic. Someone suggested that the .243 is a poor deer rifle for kids, which tends to get me into an argumentative state...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:31 PM
c j
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jamesward1289

I was just trying to be funny dickhead
Not even close.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

IPS,
Actually i look forward to you and a few others defending and/or recommending the 243. I have one and think it is a great gun for deer. I just don't have a whole lot of experiece with it like you and folks like zrexpilot have with it. So when you guys post about it i listen.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:44 PM

you guyscomplain and whineabout getting off topic when all this has turned into is talking crap on me. i was trying to just let it go and i apoligize for saying a dam thing in the first place.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi James,
Actually i wasn't complaining about it going off topic. In fact i said it was natural to do so when comparing cartridges.
Relax. There's lots of great info here. Read, learn, ask questions, contribute. There are a bunch of awesome people on here with a wealth of info.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

James: A lot of times people misinterpret others' statements on the internet because we don't have the benefit of seeing their face and reading their body language and hearing the tone of their voice. Once again, please accept my apology. I did not intend to offend you.

For future reference here, because of the possibility of misinterpretation, it really serves no purpose to offer to "settle things like men", as that tends to not be misinterpretted and tends to get everyone into a less pleasant frame of mind. When discussing caliber choices here, folks tend to, occasionally, take pot shots at others, usually in jest and with the intent of having a little fun. I've taken a fair share of "pokes in the ribs" myself because, for example, I think the .243 is a better deer rifle than the .257 Roberts... Just relax, enjoy and go with the flow. There's a lot of great info here.