Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Help with POS Rossi .44 spl with trigger hanging >

Help with POS Rossi .44 spl with trigger hanging

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Help with POS Rossi .44 spl with trigger hanging

Old 08-23-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Help with POS Rossi .44 spl with trigger hanging

I have a Rossi .44 spl 5 shot wheelgun and I usually carry it in the truck with snake shot. Well yesterday me and my buddies was shooting skeet and I let him shoot it a couple times, it worked fine. I put it in the holster and put it up. Got it out to clean today and it won't work The cylinder spins freely. Triggermoves in about a little less than half an inch then stops like it has a safety on it or something. The hammer as well. Seemingly no ammount of pressure will let the hammer cock all the way back. it just hangs. I tried cleaning it, there's nothing out of the ordinary causing it. But I guess that's what ya get with Brazilian weapons. Luckily I didn't pay for it and if I buy a wheelgun its gonna be a Ruger.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:40 PM

Default RE: Help with POS Rossi .44 spl with trigger hanging

this is as far as it goes before it "hangs"

Old 08-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pull the side plate off and I bet you'll find it's the cylinder latch,hand,or pawl hanging. Fix it then trade it for a ruger.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

My brother just had to send a brand new Tauras DA 22 back to the company. The timing was so far off sometimes you couldn't cock it with grabbing the cylinder and wiggling it to get things lined back up. On your gun I would first take off the side plate and have a look-see, could be an easy fix. If you can't spot the problem pretty easily, I would find a good pistolsmith and have the timing checked. Don't know if that would cause the problems you're having. I also didn't know a gun company would put out a revolver that breaks before you shoot the first cylinder full through it. By the way, this one was from Brazil also.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:05 PM

well...i don't know crap about working on wheelguns since honestly my Rugers never need more than a simple cleaning but i pulled the sideplate off. there is a little rod thingy which is pictured that was floppin around. There is a groove for it in the backside of the plate and i placed it back into the groove and it jams again. With the afor mentioned "rod-thingy" removed and the plate off the gun will fire and operate normally. I just don't know how it needs to go back on.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:07 PM

well this could coincide well with the basspro fall classic sale having the Uberti Cattleman .45lc for $270. I know it aint a Ruger but I've heard nothing negative towards their revolvers.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Send Brownell's an e-mail and ask if they might have a schematic they could e-mail or fax to you. They are about the largest supplier of gunsmith parts and tools. They might be able to help. www.brownells.com.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:44 PM

hey much obliged for the help guys. it seems one of the parts that the trigger works was out of alignment and after fixing that i solved it. with it out of align it let the afor mentioned rod thingy jump off the pin it rested on.