Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Guns at Walmart >

Guns at Walmart

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Guns at Walmart

Old 01-10-2007, 03:48 PM

Default RE: Guns at Walmart

Came-Apart? Quite a long time.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: PAhunter86

All the stores here in my area in Pennsylvania stopped all sales of firearms. Some of them still sell ammo though.
I was kinda bummed when I found out about it.
The stopped selling here in Western PA too... Not sure how they can claim a regional thing when there's a ton of hunters and target shooters in PA and they don't sell guns in this region.... Pretty amazing though they still see a market to sell the ammo.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:24 PM

They still sell them here in NY , but no pistol ammo w/ out a permit. I believe in capitalizm , so I support Walmarts right to exist. however I think its time to start weaning myself off the cheap chinese goods, so I just do my grocery shopping there. As for guns I prefer to buy used guns ,there already broken in and guns made 10 or more years ago were made much better .They put plastic on everything now!
Old 01-10-2007, 04:30 PM

i buy winchester ammo for my 30 06 there and have absolutly no problem w/ it
Old 01-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

yeah they stopped selling in my part of Louisiana too (never thought that would happen) but I still buy ammo from them because they're reasonably priced and I don't see the point of paying 3-4 dollars extra for the sake of supporting the "local guy" who drives a better truck than me and lives in a larger house than me. Just my .02.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: PA_BOW_HUNTER

ORIGINAL: PAhunter86

All the stores here in my area in Pennsylvania stopped all sales of firearms. Some of them still sell ammo though.
I was kinda bummed when I found out about it.
The stopped selling here in Western PA too... Not sure how they can claim a regional thing when there's a ton of hunters and target shooters in PA and they don't sell guns in this region.... Pretty amazing though they still see a market to sell the ammo.
It's about marketing. How can you sell a lot of hunting rifles in a metropolitan area of Detroit for example. It sucks for people like me that do but I guess that means I just have to travel a little further that's all. Walmart isn't the only one, Sports Authority is doing the same thing. I just hope that Dunhams isn't next but then again, they never really had a wide assortmant including Magnums like Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas do.

Oh well, I consider buying a rifle a large and special purchase anyway so traveling a few miles won't kill me (unless car accident or something).
Old 01-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

The Wal Mart here where I live at has taken the guns off the shelves but not the shells. I don't buy my shells there anyway I buy them at a local trading post.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

From Pike county, Illinois to Kearny, Nebraska. All Walmarts in between on Hwy 36 still sell guns and ammo. I bought a 20ga for my daughter in Macon, Mo last spring and it is one of the few remaining small Wally Worlds.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Most of our WalMarts still sell guns around here . I have purchased a couple of guns from WalMart . Never a problem . I hit the local ones at the end of hunting seasons and buy up the clearance items !
Old 01-10-2007, 06:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Ed McDonald

Most of our WalMarts still sell guns around here . I have purchased a couple of guns from WalMart . Never a problem . I hit the local ones at the end of hunting seasons and buy up the clearance items !

same here

Quick Reply: Guns at Walmart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.