Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Guns at Walmart >

Guns at Walmart

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Guns at Walmart

Old 01-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Spike

Default RE: Guns at Walmart

Walmart has been doing alot of changes to try and compete with stores like target. Look at the removal of the lay away plan last year. Walmart has lost a ton of money due to that and has admitted looking back it probably wasnt the best descison.

Walmart is trying to clean up its appeal to the public and some damage control for bad things that have happened over the years. Another thing they try to do in regional areas is appeal to a higher end crowd.In areas around city's and burbs where appeal means more to the folks that live in the area than what they used to be known for which was a bargain.

Yeah i shop there, even worked there once as a second job around christmas once and my wife currently works there now. I am not trying to defend them for all the stupid crap they have pulled over the years. They have come along way from what Sam's value's and ideas were when he started they whole thing up and made it the #1 bargain in america.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have bought guns and ammo from Wally world and will continue to do so.
I just HATE fighting the crowd.
I don't buy all my ammo there. I reload 3 of the calibers i shoot so I get those supplies from a gunshop, but if I could get em from the Wallbucket, I probably would.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

I have bought 2 guns a Walmart...can't beat the end of season deals. I absolutely AVOID going there most of the timebecause the damn Super Stores are so big that I usually end up walking all over the store 5 times looking for the things that I need. I agree with the earlier comment about shopping atthe 'small guy'. I would love to support them, but most of them are stuck up a-holes anyway. I am lucky that my wife is in the military and we can get most of our stuff in the post exchange and commissary....TAX FREE!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

You bet, Jake. When I was in you could get a great deal on all kinds of guns at the Rod and Gun club on base. If they didn't have it, they could order it for you.
I ordered a Henry Golden Boy in 22lr at Walmart and it came in pretty quick. It's pretty, and it's a little tack driver, but I think I'm going to give it to my Dad. I shot a couple thousand rounds through it and went back to my 10/22. I guess the new wore off for me. Ha.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GForce

K-Mart-----------

How long ago has anyone seen firearms for sale there?
I was in the K-Mart in Effingham, IL today and they had firearms. The Walmart down the road still had them as well. According to the Walmart guy they will keep selling them.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:24 PM

Many of the guns I currently own, come from Wal Mart, they are not second hand quality, or anything like that, they are just less expensive, because of Wal mart's presence in the marlet place.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:13 AM

i have bought several guns from Wal Mart in Lawton. The prices were right. There is nogun store in Lawton:The closest is inDuncan where the guytries to sell you a Browning regardless of what you want.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:04 PM

Not that I have ever bought any guns from Walmart, but I like to look. We just lost our guns in Plattsburgh,NY this week. They have been gone from Syracuse for a long time now. They were trying to sell the display case for $1,000 or best offer. Seems like it would be kinda neat to have 15 guns in a lighted, rotating, and lockableplexi-glass case.

KEJ
Old 01-16-2007, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the rotating glass case idea. But that would mean I'd have to move something out of the only room in the house my wife doesn't try to change on a monthly basis.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Was looking at 22's at wally world in Coldwater, MI (South Central part of state) last weekend and the lady workin the gun counter (actually fairly knowledgable) informed me that they are going to discontinue sale of firearms in March 07. She also stated, FWIW, that ALL MICHIGAN stores are going to discontinue the sale of firearms... how ACCURATE that information is i have NO IDEA... I also asked her when they were putting all remaining firearms on sale.. to which she said they weren't and they were goign to return them to the MFG or distributor... which with the size of wally world MIGHT be a viable possibility... anywho.. i'll keep an eye on their firearms for a SALE... 200 dollar 700 ADL's and 100 dollar 10/22's would make my day