Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Guns at Walmart >

Guns at Walmart

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Guns at Walmart

Old 01-10-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Guns at Walmart

Now I know that Walmart is a touchy subject for many of you. Just bringing it up might be like sticking my balls in a bear trap, but here we go... There are a lots of haters and supporters of the nation's largest retailer. I know that Walmart has discontinued sales of guns/ammo in over 1000 of its retail stores including the entire state of California.
I was wondering if any of you have been directly effected by this. In Georgia, they have not discontinued any sales to my knowledge."They" say that it is a regional thing, and they are trying to cater to a neighborhood's individual wants/needs...this involves ceasing the sales of guns/ammo.
Do any of you buy guns/ammo from a Walmart near you that has discontinued the sales???
Comments? Concearns?
(I am not out to start a flame war!!!) This is one of many articles...

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB114502845796126154-jcrkfu5PX8z0BQRHMo7IhpzeqCQ_20070415.html?mod=blog s
Old 01-10-2007, 02:53 PM

Default RE: Guns at Walmart

I would never buy any guns, ammo or other hunting supplies from the Evil Empire! Only TP, cat liter and important stuff like that.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Walmart continues to sell guns at the 2 stores near me. I have purchased 3 of my guns there. Ialso purchase some of my ammo there.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:04 PM

So you will put their product aginst your bare a$$, but you wont defend your home with them...strange. Just dont shop there all together then.

You ARE entitled to your own opinion, so its cool...
Old 01-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

All the stores here in my area in Pennsylvania stopped all sales of firearms. Some of them still sell ammo though.
I was kinda bummed when I found out about it.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: CervidSlayer

So you will put their product aginst your bare a$$, but you wont defend your home with them...strange. Just dont shop there all together then.

You ARE entitled to your own opinion, so its cool...
Well, I have yet to have to"defendmy home" againstanything other than some minor maintenance issues once in a while. Also....you must have missed this within the content of the response. I'll forgive you this time though.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never bought firearms from Walmart because I can get better deals else where. I have bought Pyrodex powder and a few BP supplies from them. I have 3 Walmarts within 6-7 miles of each other and all 3 dumped their guns right at Christmas time but I understand they will continue to sell ammo.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Wal-Mart cur-tailed the firearms sale in selected stores due to LACK of market demand.

Some months ago, I was in one of three Supercenters in town when I noticed the firearm display had been removed. I prompted one of the associates to fetch one of the stores managers.

The response was detailed; the store that I was in had sold 13 firearms in the past 10 months. This in a city of 200,000+, in a county of almost 500K![:-]

This lack of sales, in conjunction with the Wally-Mart classification of a "Rural" store was what the corporate decision centered upon. If a store had below average sales, and was considered an "Urban" or "Suburban", the sale of firearms would be discontinued. "Why keep a stock, when there are literally no sales".

Just my two pennies...
Old 01-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

CS,

I shop at the WalMart stores in Cordele and Fitzgerald because they are the closest. At the store in Fitzgerald, the manager and the guy runing the sporting goods store told me it was, as you said, a local issue and had to do with the amount of sales. I also shop at several different gun shops withing 50 or 60 miles, but I will say, if WM is cheaper, I will buy there.

So obviously, I haven't seen a problem in my area.

dog1 (A Happy Shopper)

P.S. I only wish they had those blue light specials like KMart use to do.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

K-Mart-----------

How long ago has anyone seen firearms for sale there?

Quick Reply: Guns at Walmart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.