I have been through all of this with bows and arrows(different brands,tuning, shooting form,etc.)........but real weak in my knowledge of rifles and cartridges !! I am leaning..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Rifle advise ?? >

Rifle advise ??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rifle advise ??

Old 01-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rifle advise ??

You can adjust the trigger on the Brownings yourself very easily. If the factory spring is not to your liking then goto Grafs.com and for 22 bucks you can get a 1-3lbs and 2-4lbs springs that you can install. You just take off the stock take 1 small screw out of trigger, remove factory spring and replace with what lbs spring you want.

My factory spring would only adjust down to 3.5lbs which wasnt enough for me. Very simple.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

When hunting during this low light time period the problem isn't seeing the deer through the scope, its seeing the reticle...I sent my Leupold 3x9x40 VX-II back to the factory a few years back and had a Heavy Duplex reticle put in....Now I can hunt in the moonlight if I choose to do so....
Old 01-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get as much info as possible on scopes. You'll notice the Leupolds are overpriced about 100$ compared to the quality of other brands. 400$ gets you a Zeiss conquest 3-9x40, it blows away the Leupold VX III that are at least 100$ more for their 2-8-40 scope. If you want VX IIpricing get a Bushnell 4200 or Nikon Monarch for the same price and they are as good as the VX III's. Leupolds are fine scopes but just arent worth what you pay for them, if you start doing side by side comparisons with them. I've have 4 of them and all but one have been sold for Bushnell Elite scopes.