Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Why is this happening. >

Why is this happening.

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Why is this happening.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:14 PM

Default Why is this happening.

I got a brand new deer rifle for chrismas two years ago and a brand new muzzleloader last year for chrismas. I got them all ready to go (even though i couldnt hunt with them for 2 years) and was unbeleivably excited about them and couldnt wait to go out with them and hunt. Now that two years has passed of them sitting in their cases and me looking at them i can finally use them. The only thing is im not as excited anymore as i was 2 years ago....this sucks! I wish i had waited and whent out and bought them this year so that i could use them when like 2 years ago they were theonly thing i could think about. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 10-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why is this happening.

Not here...I been gun crazy since I was 4 or 5 and it hasnt ever let up. Im still like a kid in a candy store taking a new to me gun out to shoot.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:34 PM

Hmm... about 5 to 7 years ago my dad used to work on a pecan orchard... that's where we did most of our hunting. The other place we went hunting was at a friend of my uncles. I got a new Marlin 30AW .30/30 for christmas (my first and only personal deer rifle), the last year my dad worked on that farm. My uncle wasn't friends with this guy anymore either so didn't have that place. I still havn't shot anything with that .30/30.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:36 PM

not really, i have never bought a gun two years in advance, what stopped you from using them before now, i hate to see you not excited about them, whenever i get a new gun out for the first time(sometimes a month after i purchase it) it gets me very excited, just the thought of shooting something new for the very first time, dont have any advice for you but just getting them out and looking at them usually works for me,
Old 10-16-2006, 10:50 PM

LOL I think it happens to everyone at least one time in their life.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have bought rifles that were not used for several years but just because I was using others. Never missed a deer season except when I was in Naum.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

every time i pick up one of my 700's, the mountain rifle, the CDL or the one i built with my own two hands.... it excites me.... they feel perfect to the touch... it's unexplainable.... almost the same way my 686 feels with a strong grip on it... like a natural extension of myself... it's not the gun that excites you it is the desire to form new experiences and memories... as well as the flood of memories from years gone by... or of someone who meant something to you, whom passed that firearm on to you....

Old 10-17-2006, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hell I get excited just talking about guns and I am a 43 year old retired ranger. I have 27 rifles and growing ,not one shot gun in my safe!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rootsy that was a good post man! Id say you summed it up for a bunch of us. Thats the good thing about guns...you pick em up and time stops..it could be nearly any year.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Rootsy

it's not the gun that excites you it is the desire to form new experiences and memories... as well as the flood of memories from years gone by... or of someone who meant something to you, whom passed that firearm on to you....
Right on brother!