Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New Leica 1200 yard Rangefinder Sweet!!!!! >

New Leica 1200 yard Rangefinder Sweet!!!!!

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Leica 1200 yard Rangefinder Sweet!!!!!

Old 08-05-2006, 02:13 AM

Default RE: New Leica 1200 yard Rangefinder Sweet!!!!!

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

About three weeks ago I posted a question (in the bowhunting forum) about which rangefinder to choose from between the Leica and the Swarovski, well I have made my decision andnow for the past 2 days I own theNEW compactLeicaRangeMaster 1200. Talk about a awesome piece of equipment! Itwill pick anything up with ease out to 1200 yardsthat I point it at,and depending upon the reflectiveness of and object it will go out to 1600 yards or more. My farthest reading so far has been a hillside with a piece of sheetmetal that was a little under 1800 yards (1793). From what I have leanedI think itsa tad better than the Swarovski 1500 in terms of its ranging ability, I haven't got to prove this yet but will this later month when I compare them with a friend who owns the Swarovski's. One advantage it does have is the fact its so small, size wise its equal to the smallest 500 to 800 yards compact rangefindersmade by Nikon and Bushnell and Leupold.But yet it outperformsthem with ease with from what I have seen so far. Anyway if you are wondering why I am posting about them its simply because I am so inpressed. And for those who don'tmind spending a bit more on quality equipment, I sure recomend them to anyone!
That is for if your useing a 50 Cal...To range far that far..you better be hidden verry good in the ground...That is a desert range finder...Avoid cactus...That is a different situation range finder...If you are a sniper..You want the highest view point to see the area below you...This is where the sand bugs who are under you know where to look for you at...This is for multiple snipers working together to cover each others back...The onlyting you need is binocs when hunting...These are team range finders....You better trust your party that you are with.....