Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality? >

Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality?

Old 07-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality?

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Most 7600's are not submoa. But generally don't need to be.Lockup is just not as strong as a bolt.Some reasons people like em is quick follow up shots without having to worry about semi jams. Other reasons, could be states like PA doesn't allow semis, and they sell alot of 7600's.
I generally agree....however they're a bit more accurate than this suggests.....but have a poor trigger!!

Their best attribute is damn excellent reliability.....they just work very well and never ever jam......extremely strong.

I'm totally a bolt action fan but oned a pump years ago....it's one darn good rifle in almost any caliber they're made in.

35 Whelen to 6mm rem.........they work and work and work.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got one about 10 yrs ago or so because it was marked down at walmart(and i heard it was a pretty good rifle)- they had a Rem. semi auto& a pump that day marked down, i gotthe pump rifle in .270 win.

The stock is too fancy for me(glossy checkered walnut)- but i like it& it shoots good.

I have been elk hunting etc& ppl have givin it some real "odd" looks(not to many pump riflesaround here)- but the few who know me know i will outshoot them reguardless of how it lookseven with there fancy/expensive /heavy barrels& imported etcbolt rifles.

(including the guy who came with his nice blazer rifle& zess
Old 07-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been elk hunting etc& ppl have givin it some real "odd" looks(not to many pump riflesaround here)- but the few who know me know i will outshoot them reguardless of how it lookseven with there fancy/expensive /heavy barrels& imported etcbolt rifles.
So are you saying that you are such a great shot,or is it that all the people that know you are terrible shots?

Old 07-10-2006, 02:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Naah Im Not such a great shot . It isi expect that i only know a very few people& there not very good.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: trailer

ORIGINAL: firstshot
Does anyone know if the Rem 7600 in .308 or 7mm-08 really is a shorter action?
That’s a good question . I’m not sure if the action is shorter for the 308 compared to the 270. Might be like the Tikka, one action fits all. You might have to contact Remington and ask the question on there web site. They reply fairly quick...
I emailed Remington and here is what they had to say

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Does the 7600 .308 have a true "short" action receiver? I know some
rifles, tikka, for example, does not have a true short action but rather a
one size fits all.

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Jonsie) - 07/11/2006 02:19 PM
Dear Doug;

Thank you for visiting Remington Country! We certainly appreciate you
taking the time to write in with your question. Yes, the 7600 is an
actual short action, and yes, the action for the .308 is shorter than a
receiver for a .30-06 or .270 because these are long action calibers
---------------------------------------------------------------------

firstshot
--------------------------------
Make your first shot count!

Old 07-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

So now we know. Thanks...
Old 07-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never owned a 7600 before, but I did have a buddy who had one in 243. Well, now that I think of it, it may have been a 760.....

Either way, he always had me "sight in" the gun after he got done with it for a little added re-assurance. I can say that it shot very very tight groups. Never measured any but 3 shots were 1" or under everytime I shot it.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:15 PM

I have a 760 in 30-06. At 100 yrds it groups 1 in no problem with factory rounds. Never jams, quick follow up shots which is great for hunting in states like PA. The pump shoots almost as fast as a semi automatic, the extra second it takes to pump allows you to get back on target for the next shot. I also used to own a 760 carbine which has the shorter 18 in barrel, also a great gun. My dad, both Uncles and all four cousins all use Remington 30-06 pumps, they are a family tradition. If you don't believe me check out Benoitbigbucks.com the legendary Benoit family swears by em.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: chr103yod

I have a 760 in 30-06. ..............I also used to own a 760 carbine which has the shorter 18 in barrel, also a great gun.
chr103yod

Is your 760 18" carbine also a 30-06? Have you chronographed these two guns? I was just wondering how much velocity you give up going with the 18" barrel instead of the 22" barrel.

I went to one of the local gunshops and handled an older model 7600 22" barrel and a new 7600 18" carbine. I must admit that I thought the carbine version handled, balanced and pointeda lot better than the rifle.

I'm kind of thinking that if I stick to my original plan to get one in 7mm-08 that I should get one with a 22" barrel. If I were to go with the 18" carbine, I should probably go 30-06. I just don't know about a 7mm-08 with an 18" barrel. Even the Rem model 7 has a 20" barrel.

What do you think?

firstshot
----------------------------
Make your first shot count!

Old 07-13-2006, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

firstshot, i'm also considering the 7600 carbine, matte/synthetic. according to Remington's website the carbine has an 18.5 inch barrel and only comes chambered in the 30-06. i wish itcame chambered in 308 just because i like short actions, but i won't let that stop me from getting one. yes you will lose some velocity with the 18.5" compared to the 22", it may be a big deal to you but to me it's not a big deal because i don't plan on useing it as a long range rifle due to the fact that i hunt in the south where shots are typicaly close. although, IMHO if the rifle shoots well then there should be enough velocity to shoot out to300 yards or so.

Quick Reply: Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.