Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality? >

Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality?

Old 07-07-2006, 01:23 PM

Default Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality?

I've got a Rem 700 Mtn LSS in 7mm-08 that is a consistent sub-moa shooter; however, I am keenly interested in getting a 7600 in the same caliber. I've been a pump shotgun shooter all my life and think that a 7600 in 7mm-08 with quick follow-up shot capability would be an ideal whitetail slayer.

With that said, I'm not willing to sacrifice the accuracy I've become accustomed to for that quick follow-up shot capability! I would consider MOA accuracy a requirement for a scoped rifle and I would definitely put a scope on it. I know the 7600 has a freefloated barrel and theoritically should be quite accurate; however, I've seen 7600 accuracy reports ranging from sub-moa to 2"+.

I'd like to hear from those with first hand experences as far as 7600 accuracy is concerned. (Especially 7600 in 7mm-08) I'd also like to hear any other comments you may have related to your actual experiences with the Rem 7600....dependability, balance, fit & finish, trigger, overall shootability, etc, etc.

For any and all pump rifle shooters......why the pump?

Thanks

firstshot
----------------------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:53 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality?

Most 7600's are not submoa. But generally don't need to be.Lockup is just not as strong as a bolt.Some reasons people like em is quick follow up shots without having to worry about semi jams. Other reasons, could be states like PA doesn't allow semis, and they sell alot of 7600's.

Old 07-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a pump in the 270 quite a few years back. I had no problems with accuracy with this rifle and found it handled very well. I made a mistake in trading this rifle for a bolt action and this was one of the biggest mistake I ever made with rifles. The 7600 in the 7 mm-08 would make for a great combo. Short action in a pump sounds sweet to me. Good luck...
Old 07-07-2006, 02:41 PM

bigcountry

I plan to keep my LSS and this rifle would primarilly be used for woods hunting. With that said, I agree that sub-moa isn't generally needed; however, I wouldn't go there if all I could expect was 2" accuracy. I handload everything I shoot and haven't shot a box of factory fodder in I can't remember when. I'm hoping the 7600 will do a little better than average with handloads tuned to that specific gun.

trailer

A "short action in a pump sounds sweet to me as well", especially if I can get it in the same caliber as my current rifle. However, that does bring up a good question. Does anyone know if the Rem 7600 in .308 or 7mm-08 really is a shorter action?

firstshot
----------------------------

Old 07-07-2006, 03:24 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: firstshot

bigcountry

I plan to keep my LSS and this rifle would primarilly be used for woods hunting. With that said, I agree that sub-moa isn't generally needed; however, I wouldn't go there if all I could expect was 2" accuracy. I handload everything I shoot and haven't shot a box of factory fodder in I can't remember when. I'm hoping the 7600 will do a little better than average with handloads tuned to that specific gun.

trailer

A "short action in a pump sounds sweet to me as well", especially if I can get it in the same caliber as my current rifle. However, that does bring up a good question. Does anyone know if the Rem 7600 in .308 or 7mm-08 really is a shorter action?
Oh yea, you should expect1.5MOA or better with a 7600. I am just explainign don't expecteveryone you buy tobe a benchrest gun. It does what its made for.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use to hunt with the Rem. 760 Gamemaster in 30.06. I really liked the quick follow ups. I shot 150 gr. Rem. core lokts and got 1" to 1.5" groups out of it.

I now use a Rem 700 Mtn in 30.06.

Old 07-08-2006, 02:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have had four. All would shoot very close to one inch. One, a 270 would beat that by half. Most accurate from the box rifle that I ever owned. Expect the 7600 to shoot about as well as you can hold it.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: firstshot

Does anyone know if the Rem 7600 in .308 or 7mm-08 really is a shorter action?

That’s a good question . I’m not sure if the action is shorter for the 308 compared to the 270. Might be like the Tikka, one action fits all. You might have to contact Remington and ask the question on there web site. They reply fairly quick...
Old 07-08-2006, 11:14 AM

Thanks to everyone for all the input. Really appreciate it. Keep it comming!!!!

Trailer
I did as you suggested and posed the "short action" question to Remington via their website. I'll let everyone know the response when I hear back from them.

firstshot
----------------------------

Quick Reply: Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.