Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality? >

Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality?

Old 07-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality?

I'm not willing to sacrifice the accuracy I've become accustomed to for that quick follow-up shot capability! I would consider MOA accuracy a requirement for a scoped rifle
Very simple if that is your requirements don't buy one..If you want an accurate rifle with a quick followup shot buy a BAR
Old 07-14-2006, 05:43 PM

Firstshot, I don't have the carbine anymore I had to sell it about 15 yrs ago due to a money crisis. It shot great. I never had it chronographed but unless your shooting 300-400 yrds I don't think it would make much difference. We never get long shots where I hunt maybe 200 at the most. At 100 yrds one inch groups were no problem. I would have bought another one but at the time I couldn't find one at any of the local gun shops. One thing I can tell you about the Remington pumps is do not buy one if you live in the desert. I used to live in New Mexico and I took my pump to the range one day when it was a little windy. I picked up so much sand in the action it almost wouldn't pump. I now live in PA and It's my gun of choice.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:59 PM

Thanks again for everyone's input.

I've decided to go with a carbine in 30-06. I've already got the dies (used tohave a BAR 30-06)and the odd 6 will give me a a good bit more versalitiy where heavier bullets are concerned. I can use the 7mm-08 Mtn LSS for the fields and the 7600 pump for the woods and the 7mm-08 will be a good starter rifle for my son when he gets a little bigger.

I hope to be able to find a 7600 carbine with a laminated stock. May just get one with a tubbaware stock and replace it with a good Boyds laminated.

Done deal!! All I've got to do now is save my pennies!

Thanks again for all the insight and advise!

firstshot
----------------------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 07-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

You will not have to give up accuracy for quick follow up shots with the 7600. They will shoot right beside 90 percent of the bolt guns. Mine will outshoot the hell out of my brothers BAR in the same caliber. NOT EVEN close.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

does the forend/pump make much noise? if you bump the forend while you're hunting do you notice any noise? my only concern would be spooking game while hunting.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:15 AM

CAM2

With the older 7600 I handled at the gun shop, you didn't have to bump the forend to make it rattle. It was very loose and would rattel just by moving the gun around.

The forend on the new 7600 carbine (30-06) I handled was very tight. Obviously, Remington has done someting with the new models to tighten up the forend. Yea, if you were to smack it, itmight make a bit of noise, but I don't see this as a problem while hunting as unless I'm looking through binoculars, I've got the gun in my hands at all times, especially when still hunting.

firstshot
-----------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 07-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

In hundreds of hours of hunting with the 7600's I have never had any problem spooking game with any rattling noise. Other than a less than perfect trigger, (which is not just a 7600 proble but most out of the box guns), it hard to find fault with these rifles. They do what they were designed to do very well.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

i've got a remington m760 in .308 , and a remington m7600 in .25-06 . and they're both very accurate and fast .

BTW- what is remington's e-mail address ??
Old 07-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

i handeled a synthetic .270 yesterday and it didn't seem to make much noise. i liked it, it seemed light and pretty smooth. if i get one i'm definetly getting the carbine for the short barrel, it seems like it will make a great close quarters woods rifle.
does the pump and action bars remove easily? the reason i'm looking at this rifle is because it seems like it would be easy to maintain.i wanta riflethat i can use in adverse weather and disassemble it easily to dry it and lube it.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:40 PM

I've removed the front stock, and the trigger assembly to clean mine. I've never had to remove the action bars I don't think it's necessary to clean the gun. The whole trigger assembly removes by pushing out two pins and you can get to everything tuo need to clean. These are my all time favorite guns. Always fun to shoot and they handle like a shotgun so it's always easy to get on target for follow up shots.

Quick Reply: Rem 7600 Accuracy / Quality?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.