Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 For Sale : Barely Used *Custom* Knight Disk Extreme >

For Sale : Barely Used *Custom* Knight Disk Extreme

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

For Sale : Barely Used *Custom* Knight Disk Extreme

Old 07-02-2006, 07:44 PM

Default For Sale : Barely Used *Custom* Knight Disk Extreme

Up for sale is a Custom Knight Disc Extreme .45 cal muzzleloader. What makes this gun "custom" is the barrel that was purchased seperate from the Knight factory. It is a fluted AND tapered barrel which allows for longer range and more accurate shooting. There is over $1200 put into this gun. Circumstances have arrived and I am forced to sell it, fast. This gun was previously sighted in at 300 yards and is deadly accurate even at that range. There are only a few minor scratches on the stick and 1 minor scratch on the barrel itself. Again, the barrel is fluted AND tapered. If you're an open range shooter, this gun will fit your needs for black powder season. The scope does not come with the rifle but the rings and the slingdoes. I'm asking $620 shipped but will take offers. Pictures are as follows...

Old 07-02-2006, 08:00 PM

Default RE: For Sale : Barely Used *Custom* Knight Disk Extreme

would you accept $500.00 for custom knight muzzleloader.....larry schultz
Old 07-02-2006, 08:09 PM

$560 shipped and it's yours.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:22 AM

i have been reading up on the Knight disc muzzleloader and have some questions;
1). is this the same barrel that knight put on the ELITE?
2). If not, what are the differences in your barrel?
3). The Disc Extreme barrel is basically attached at one point with a bad design. Is the barrel now attached differentlyin a free floating design or some other design?
4). Why is your custom design better than just purchasing the Disc Elite?
5). What other features of the custom design make it more accurate?
6). I live in middle lower Michigan. Where do you live?
7). what loading/ammo combination have you found works best with your custom setup?
8). Do you know why knight quit making the disc Elite?
I am trying to digest all this information and appreciate anything you can do to assist me.....thanks....larry
Old 07-03-2006, 07:59 AM

No, it isn't the same barrel put on the Elite. The barrel that was purchased and is now on the gun is fluted and tapered. Tapered means the barrel starts off wider near the stock and gradually decreases / narrows at the end of the barrel allowing for extra distance and accuracy from your bullet. The fluted design on the barrel improves accuracy because of the barrel stiffness (it's a larger diameter which increases its rigidity). The fluted design also increases the cooling rate of the barrel due to a greater amount of the surface area being exposed to the air.

The Knight Disc Elite is a good gun but not near as accurate with the factory barrel compared to the fluted, tapered barrel.

I live in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. I've only used a couple different loads but what's worked best for me so far are the Powerbelt bullets. I don't really have a preference on pellets and primers. To each his own.

I'm really not sure why Knight stopped making the Disc Elite. The Disc Extreme is one of Knight's better muzzleloaders out there now and that's why it's still on the market. And again, the only reason I am selling this gun is due to money circumstances and need to get rid of it as quick as possible. Thanks for looking!
Old 07-03-2006, 10:32 AM

regarding attaching the barrel to the gun, Randy Wakeman in his article "A Good Knights Disc; The Knights Elite Disc"talks about the Elite having a longer forked "cantilevered recoil lug" instead of one lug and single screw on the Extreme. Mr. Wakeman is very excited about the Elite connection to the stock. If possible, i would like to know if the lug attachment system was changed when they customized the barrel.
E-mail address for article; www.chuckhawks.com/Knight_disc_elite.htm
thanks........larry
Old 07-03-2006, 11:18 AM

I'm not quite sure about that. I'm not sure if anything was changed when the new barrel was installed. However, the conversion kit was also installed on this gun where if you happen to drop it in a puddle while hunting or in a heavy down pour, it will still fire. The conversion makes it fully waterproof. I forgot to mention that prior. As far as the cantilevered recoil lug, I'm not quite sure. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:11 PM

** Sold pending payment **