Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 A question we have all been asked... >

A question we have all been asked...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

A question we have all been asked...

Old 07-27-2006, 04:29 PM

Default RE: A question we have all been asked...

Honestly doug, depending on the peopleI am talking to, I reallylike to keepinformation about the guns I own very confidential. Notbecause of the amount of them, but because i really dont wan't too many people knowing thatI own guns at all. Only to my closest freinds and or relatives that either hunt or appreciate shooting sports will i disclose information about my firearms. Even then They dont know everything.

I try to do the bestI can to keep my guns safe. They are all stored in (TWO) gun safes that are fire proof and hold 25 guns each.( They really hold like 21, I dont know how they could ever fit 25.) And on top of those guns being in a safes, 21 out of the 44 have trigger locks on them besides. Hopefully I will get the rest with trigger locks on them too. The last thingI want is for them to be stolen, damaged or even worse, used in a crime. I like to protect my investments and my butt too. I would feel real bad if my guns got burnt up, but I would feel even worse if one of my guns were stolen and used in a robbery that killed a single mother of 2 children.

Thats why I hardly tell anyone what goes on with my firearms and were thier location is. Only the people who ( I FEEL) are the most trust worthy will gain some knowledge as to my investments. I have only about 4 or 5 friends that know about my guns and I am nice enough to educate them as best as I can about firearm safety and they love it when i ask them to come to the range with me. All I do is just ask them whattype of gun they want to shoot and we go to the range.

These friends appreciate my collection and I appreciate sharing it with them.I would feel alot safer if all my freinds became educated on gun safety. But I know that the majority of them are too immature to want to learn safety and respect the dangers of a firearm.

I would honestly choose wisely whoI told about my guns. I am proud of all my guns and I am proud to own them. But thats the way I want to keep it. I like to remain owning them. By obeying state gun laws, practicing good safety measures, and protecting those investments will assure you many happy years with your guns, whether its 3 guns or 103 guns.