Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Shipping firearms? >

Shipping firearms?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Shipping firearms?

Old 01-07-2006, 11:58 PM

Default RE: Shipping firearms?

redhead522, first you tell us your selling a firearm on line, than you say your shipping a rifle to the manufacture, just what are you up to?
Old 01-08-2006, 11:41 AM

No, no, you're getting two seperate stories mixed up. A few months ago, I had problems with an AR-15, and tried to ship it back to the manufacture throughUSPS. They were very rude, and told me I couldn't ship a firearm. They told me to go to UPS or Fedex. I did go to UPS, and luckily I was able to ship it, since UPS will allow you to ship it back to the manufacture for repairs. However, I recently found out that UPS won't let you ship to a FFL, just back to the manufacture. And I remember my incident a few months ago with the USPS. So I was trying to figure out how I was going to ship the gun I'm trying to sell. But I don't appreciate what you're trying to incinuate Brush hunter. You can check my ebay or gunbroker accounts. I have the same user name, and flawless feedback in both accounts. I consider myself an honest person.
If you'll noticeon myprevious post, I said I once went to USPS toship a firearm, and they were very rude about it. That was when I was trying to send back my AR-15. I'll admit I could have clarified better, but I didn't feel that writing in all these details were necessary at the time.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:26 AM

What am I trying to incinuate? And were did I question your hounesty? I just ask if you were shipping to someone you sold a gun to, or if you were shipping it to the manufacture. Perhaps I should have said, just what are you trying to do. Sorry you took what I said wrong way.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Brush hunter

What am I trying to incinuate? And were did I question your hounesty? I just ask if you were shipping to someone you sold a gun to, or if you were shipping it to the manufacture. Perhaps I should have said, just what are you trying to do. Sorry you took what I said wrong way.
Sorry that I took your comment the wrong way. With only your one sentence to go on, it was hard to judge.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:51 AM

I guess I should proof read when I post. Anyway, how did you come out on the shipping?
Old 01-10-2006, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

i recently sold a rifle at auctionarms, and have a 2nd up for auction now. when i shipped the rifle i shipped it USPS, about a week and a half ago... rifle was in original remington box, bolt removed, then placed into an unmarked cardboard box with nothing but a shipping label and delivery confirmation label. I had the signed in red ink FFL license from the dealer it was going to in PA. I informed the girls at the post office that it was coming and they were very apprehensive but broke out the book and it is very vague... print off the material you found here.. or at the ATF website and take it along, i had documentation to prove my legality to ship via USPS. I was kind enough to show the post master that the gun was unloaded, the bolt was removed and there was no ammo in the box... we then taped the box shut, put it in the other shipping box and closed it up. once confronted with written PROOF of regulations and the law to combat their ignorance things go pretty smoothly. you may also try a different post office if you get no satisfaction.

hope that helps eh