Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Is my buddy a hopeless gun nut? >

Is my buddy a hopeless gun nut?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Is my buddy a hopeless gun nut?

Old 12-01-2005, 06:51 PM

Default RE: Is my buddy a hopeless gun nut?

my dad has hundreds of guns... of course he owns a sporting goods shop though [:@]
Old 12-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

BTM , I think you are jumping the gun. Your buddy's modest colection in no way means he is hopeless.Besides everyone knows you should have a 416 remington.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:34 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

You're right: This wasn't the right forum for such a question!

Thanks for the replies so far, guys. Keep 'em coming!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: North Texan

Soon, Gun Fever will cause normally sane people to not only buy guns, but be thinking of their next gun purchase before they even get the new gun home.
Ive done that before......ordered a gun, and it takes like 3 weeks to come in because Im lefthanded, and by the 2nd week Im already checking out the next gun I will be buying before the first one comes!!!. Ive also went to the gun store with a gift certificate for one gun, and came home with 2 guns.....my thinking, "the first one is essential free, so Im really only buying 1 gun"
Old 12-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

It gets harder and harder to justify anymore guns in my household so I took up bowhunting to throw the wife off track temporarily.. The next thing I NEED is another safe, as I there is NO room for another gun in mine.

Seriously though, there are certain types of guns that you had better buy while the opportunity is there. By this I mean AR15's, M1A's, M1 Garands and any other military centerfire rifle that accepts a detachable box magazine. If I had the money and could afford to shoot it, I would buy a quality .50 BMG. The Barret M82 comes to mind, but they cost over $8000.[&o]
Old 12-02-2005, 08:47 PM

Can you have two many guns? Simply stated NO! Though I have read a quote that stated "Beware of the man with one gun.... Most likely he probably knows how to shoot it." However I don't think most of us could have too many.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:27 PM

Your friend is a god. I have had as many as 35 peices in my collection. Not bad for a guy who was a leftist hippy 10 years ago. BTW my hair is still down to my ass. And I did this on a musician's salery. If I were richer, I would buy more. I can list 25 guns off the top of my head that I want. There is always a hole in the collection that needs filled.
okcmco