Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Is my buddy a hopeless gun nut? >

Is my buddy a hopeless gun nut?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Is my buddy a hopeless gun nut?

Old 11-30-2005, 08:34 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Default Is my buddy a hopeless gun nut?

My buddy has almost a hundred guns (two big safes packed to the gills) and is always looking for more. He's constantly trolling gunbroker.com, auctionarms, and gun shows for more guns he "needs." Here's the latest: He already has a .375 H&H (with 500 rounds of ammo!) and a .458 Lott (with 200 rounds), yet now he's convinced he must have a .416 Remington.

Is there any cure for him? Should I round up friends and relatives to conduct an intervention like AA does for alcoholics? Should I hire deprogrammers to kidnap him and hold him in an out-of-the-way cabinuntil he's cured?
Old 11-30-2005, 08:40 PM

Default RE: Is my buddy a hopeless gun nut?

If he isn't gonna lose the house I'd say more power to him.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:46 PM

i used to live with someone like that... i still do... it is awesome
Old 11-30-2005, 08:58 PM

BTM if you think you can have "enough" guns then YOU are the one that needs help! Your buddy sounds like a man I would get along with really well. My wife wont let me have girlfriends, she aint real wild about my Harley ridin and she refuses to let me dragrace my boat and I wont do drugs. So that leaves guns as my only vice

I too am in need of a second gunsafe now and I am only 34 so who knows where it will stop. At least with 2 young sons I can partially use them as an excuse for "needing more guns". As long as my wife doesn't figure out that a 10 and 5 year old can't use 300Wbys and WSMs I am safe!

Buy all you want, they'll make more!!!
RA
Old 11-30-2005, 09:29 PM

He who dies with the MOST GUNS WINS
Old 12-01-2005, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Nope, your buddy sounds normal to me.

We have three gun safes here in CA (wouldn't be here except for USN)and two more in Nevada. It is like a disease for which I will not seek a cure.

Even the wife gets involved....two years ago I went shopping for a pre-64 M70, NIB and came back from the first day of the show -almost- in tears, like some sort of withdrawal. Wife suggests we go to the Harley dealer....drove out with a new wide glide. For my birthday that year she got me a BFR in .500.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Someday, there's going to be quite an estate sale.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: etothepii

Someday, there's going to be quite an estate sale.
my thoughts exactly!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I believe your buddy has a problem--- the same one most of the rest of us have---- running out of room and places to put them. Recently modified the closet in our bedroom to hold ones leaning in the corners that I am unable to get in the safes. The only cure is money----
Old 12-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your in the wrong forum if your seeking a cure.

I've seen it many times.Your friend definitely has Igottogetanothergunitis, a.k.a.Gun Fever. No one is certain what the cause is. Symptoms are hard to detect at first. Maybe spending a little more time in sporting goods, surfing the web just a little more at Cabelas and Midway. It seems trivial at first, a gun here and there, but quickly reaching the point of no return. Soon, Gun Fever will cause normally sane people to not only buy guns, but be thinking of their next gun purchase before they even get the new gun home. Before you know it, safe space will become more and more limited, finally resulting in a safe implant. This will only provide temporary relief however, as additional safe implants will be needed in the future to relief the swelling.

Quick Reply: Is my buddy a hopeless gun nut?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.