Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ohio CCW holder uses firearm >

Ohio CCW holder uses firearm

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ohio CCW holder uses firearm

Old 06-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ohio CCW holder uses firearm

Dayton Daily News

Target' turns tables on gunmen
Man with permit to carry gun wounds teen with weapon
Dayton Daily News

DAYTON | Two teens with guns approached a 40-year-old man at Riverview Avenue and Catalpa Drive early Friday. The man backed away, with outstretched hands

Then things changed swiftly.

The targeted man, Mark Hill, pulled out a Glock 23 handgun — he has a concealed-carry permit — and fired several shots, hitting one of the gunmen, a Dayton police report said.

It was Dayton's first shooting by a holder of a concealed weapons permit, according to Sgt. Dennis Chaney.

Police went to the 2000 block of West Riverview about 12:45 a.m. in response to numerous calls about the shooting.

Police found Mark Hill at his residence. He told them he was walking west on Riverview when two teenage males in dark clothing approached him from Catalpa. One shoved him, he turned around and both flashed handguns, a police report said.

Hill "began to back away in a bent-over position with his hands outstretched," according to the report. Then he pulled out a Glock 23, a .40-caliber handgun, and fired, hitting one of the gunmen several times.

The two ran off, the report said.

Shortly after the shooting, a 17-year-old showed up at Good Samaritan Hospital. He was admitted with gunshot wounds to his leg, abdomen and arms, Chaney said. Hospital officials called police.

He was with two 16-year-olds. Police said all three matched the description of the gunmen and a male seen by the man in an alley north of the Riverview and Catalpa during the robbery attempt.

Police arrested the younger teens as they tried to leave the hospital, Chaney said.

The three had shown up in a Jeep Cherokee stolen Thursday on Lakeview Avenue, Chaney said.

"We don't know if they stole it (originally)," Chaney said.

The 16-year-olds were in the Family Court Center, pending delinquency charges of aggravated robbery and receiving stolen property.

Chaney said Hill, who has both a Dayton Firearms Owner's Identification Card and Montgomery County Concealed Carry Card, acted in self-defense.

Contact Kelli Wynn at 225-2414.

I cut and pasted this so everone could read it .

I was suprised that the medea could write a truthful peice thats not anti gun

Johnch
Old 06-04-2005, 09:56 PM

Default RE: Ohio CCW holder uses firearm

just goes to show you that it really does pay to have a concealed weapons permit. could save your live sometime.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

exactly, this guy could and probably would have just ended up as a statistic. But a law abiding citizen was allowed to protect himself from crime.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

Obviously the criminal justice system was not working for these three. It is a good idea to carry a gun for self protection, especially when there is never a cop around when you need one. These three might think twice next time they want to rob someone, after watching one of their friends get filled with holes.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wouldn't it be cool if the law REQUIRED rational, able-bodied adult to carry a firearm? Violent crime would drop very significantly.

I know this is a pretty off-the-wall and unlikely plan. I myself do not have a concealed carry permit or own any pistols, largely because where I live there is very little crime so I don't feel any aching need for the hassle of carrying a firearm or getting the permit.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:42 PM

Yep, and when these young gentlemen get out of jail after serving their 3-6 month sentences - they will have learned that when you walk up to somebody don't point the gun at them, use it. We'd all be better off if he'd killed them.