Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

DPMS AR'S

Old 06-01-2005, 07:58 AM

Default DPMS AR'S

Does anyone have experience or information on dpms ar-15 rifles. I had a colt 16"carbine, but sold it last year when i was hurting for money. Local gunshop has a slightly used dpms m4 w/collapsibe stock, compensator, 16"brl, removable handle, 2 30rd mags, hard case. He wants $900 for all of it, but this seems a little steep. My cousin actually traded the gun in on a ruger varmint .22-250 and i know the ar was barely used. It seems to be very well put together, doesn't have the springy colt charging handle sound, which is one of the reasons i wasnt wild about the colt. i have heard mixed reviews of dpms, but most have been good. Any opinions?

Thanks
Old 06-01-2005, 10:52 AM

Default RE: DPMS AR'S

Mixed reviews is a good analysis. I have seen some pretty accurate barrels on DPMS guns over the years. Some amazing. Problem is that they come with a hodge-podge of parts in them. Some of the bolt carriers are no good. Extractors are often cast instead of machined. Fire control parts vary quite a bit in quality. Personally, I would pay only 750 to 800 for the gun you describe.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:16 PM

i have owned, DPMS, Armalite, Oly Arms, and will be ordering a rockriver arms in the next month or so. For the money you can get a DPMS or OLYarms for around 700-150dollars. The armalite i owned was CRAP everybullet i put threw it jamed. My friend has a bushmaster and it is a nice gun ($1000), BUT personally i think the RRA is going to be a awesome rifle. I see them blazin at the range all the time. I am gettin myne for $897 i think and +10% for FFL shiping
Old 06-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can pick up a nice DPMS low pro for $700 or so. A little heavy, but a darn good shooter it is.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:37 PM

SHoNUFF - I agree; Rock River is about the best value out there right now in AR-15 type rifles.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:41 PM

dont get the low pro. thats what i had, i was thinking i will get this and "customize" it. after looking at the cost of the add-ons, i said skew this. i can get the Rock River with everything i want for $300 cheap than if i was to have added it on after market on any of the other rifles. I like the rock river they got the new military contract and they are smooth action and from what i have seen great shootin firearms. www.atlanticfirearms.com find a dealer that will allow shiping to him (useually 10% of the gun cost) and get it delivered.