Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's? >

how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

Old 01-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

while i have never hunted in PA, i do know some guys that have. since the start of AR'S, and yes i am dead set against them, they won't go back. everyone has their own reason's, such as the hunting isn't as good as it was just a few years ago. i am sure some trophy killers ( they are not hunter's, hunter's go for the meat, not racks. can't eat a rack.) have been drawn to PA because of AR'S, but i bet just as many have decided not to return. now, i don't want to hear from a bunch of PA guys on either side of the arguement unless they personally know of guys coming/not coming to PA because of the restrictions. you guys have enough debates going on in other posts to amuse yourselves and the rest of us for a very, very long time. so let's hear it.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:25 PM

Default RE: how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

i wont hunt there i can tell you that. it sounds like the state will be making alot of money generated from fines. and all the argument shouldnt be totally based on checked in number of deer. do you realize the numbers of deer killed and never checked in? there was a study here in va last year i read that said after calculating the recorded amount of deer killed you need to figure an additional 20% more killed that werent checked in. but like i said pa is going to get rich on this deal. i feel sorry for the hunters of pa.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:25 PM

Its hard to quantify how many, but I believe between 2003-2003 )without looking it up Pa lost 41000 licences. Arkansas saw the dame drop in licenses, and they went 5 years before us. they never regained those hunters back.

Neither will pa.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:31 PM

nope and they probablly wont either. its sad but true. they will make the money back from fines that the state will loose in licenses im sure if the fines are between 25 bucks and 500 bucks.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

PA has always been a strange place when it comes to their outdoor practices. Having to dangle a tag from your body to hunt or fish always seemed strange.
Even stranger was opening day of Trout season. For weeks the newspaper would post which streams were stocked and where.Then having a miles of cars parked along the road of the stream. Having everyone to elbow, with shouts of people yelling is it time yet and all at once everyone begins fishing. Just didn't really cut it for me as being an enjoyable outdoor experiance I lived there for a few years and the only real good times came from fishing the Monogahala for smallies. The West is so much less restrictive with more game and all I can say about PA is...... Been there done that and have no desire to do it again[:'(]

edited for skirting profanity filter
Old 01-07-2005, 10:36 PM

i dont got much choice, i live here. i dont have much wrong with it, except the western part having 4 pts to a side
Old 01-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seems the antler restrictions not only will improve the quality of deer herd, but reduce the pressure. I think it's great! This fall I saw more buck with nicer racks in my area than I have in years. Can't wait for next year with the reduced hunting pressure.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

A friend that lives in Mo. Told me he aint coming no more and I had 2 locals quit last year. I dont care if half quit. I'm tired of seeing 30 people walk by me on opening day
Old 01-08-2005, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Does that mean because I'm from PA I can't respond either?

ORIGINAL: vtbuckrulrss

. i am sure some trophy killers ( they are not hunter's, hunter's go for the meat, not racks. can't eat a rack.) have been drawn to PA because of AR'S, but i bet just as many have decided not to return.

That entire statement is a dead horse argument because as far as I'm concerened, no one is a meat hunter entirely......if one of your so called "hunters" is on stand with a buck and doe tag and a doe comes by at 20 yards and is trailed by a monster buck that stands a hundred yards out.....there isn't a single "hunter" here that wouldn't wait for that buck and hope for a doe later....

OR, if a 5 pt and a 12 point trots by, how many of your "hunters" would shoot the 5 pt and let the 12 pt walk.......point mute.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

if one of your so called "hunters" is on stand with a buck and doe tag and a doe comes by at 20 yards and is trailed by a monster buck that stands a hundred yards out.....there isn't a single "hunter" here that wouldn't wait for that buck and hope for a doe later....
Hogwash!!!!

Quick Reply: how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.