Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Bass pro shops rods?

Old 06-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bass pro shops rods?

anyone ever tried a bass pro shops rod they have a combo im looking at its a really good deal its a shimano sedona on a bass pro bionic blade XPS rod the combo is $79.98 and if you look in the catalog at the 2 pieces seperate it would cost you $129.98 so your saving $50 and it sounds like a good rod it has weights ou can add to the bottom for balance if you want to its made from IM8 graphite and fuji guides i think im going to get it, but i just wanted to see if anyone else has tried there rods and what they thought of them i think im getting the 7' medium action rod and the front drag model 2500 sedona reel like i said it sounds like a really good deal the reel alone is $49 so for an extra $30 i can get a $80 rod so what do ya`ll think? thanks,sean
Old 06-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bass pro shops rods?

I have a bionic blade and it is by far one of my favotite rods, i use mine for bass and pike and i love it. Another of my favorites is the shimano sedona which I have stated on here before so definitely I think that is a good combo, and if you are in the market for a combo more the reason to pick it up. Two thumbs up from me!!!!! If you buy it let me know how you like it, you should be satisfied.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wasent really looking for a combo i was just looking at different rods and reels in bass pros catalog and i saw alot of reccomendations for the sedona so i figured id give it a shot so that`ll be my next reel and i was just looking at rods and came across that combo and thought it would be a hard setup to beat and a price that would be hard to beat so ill probably be getting one here in maby a month or 2 i gotta take care of some bills i accumulated while i had no job before i get a new fishing setup but i should be back on my feet and ready for new fishing toys sometime in july thanks for the reply, sean
Old 06-21-2004, 08:14 PM

That sounds like a great deal, I have been way to busy to get to the Bass Pro Shop near me. I think before I buy my new catfish gear and bass gear at this local bait shop in town I'm going to go to the Bass Pro and check out what they have in stock now. I had just moved the beginning of this year from Georgia so haven't even been to the one here in Ohio. I'm gettin all new gear because I gave my brother all my old stuff, it was good though, he still lives in Georgia, but he's here for the summer so for now I'm using it until I make my wat to the Bass Pro.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

order one of ther catalogs there free on there web site and it should have everything they have in the store and its probably the same price we have one maby an hour from my house its been there for about a year now and i still havent been but i might trick a friend into driving me over there to get my new gear with my gas milage it would cost me a fortune to drive there
Old 06-22-2004, 04:41 PM

I ordered a catalog a few days ago and should be arriving any day now. I know what you mean dude, I think gas got highest here around $2 somethin it was sick, made me almost rather walk, almost. I'll tell my dad to take me, he has a company truck and free gas and he always loves wasteing hours in the Bass Pro as well. I know the one inn Georgia like the back off my hand. Thats a stupid expression really.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:47 PM

I have an older Bionic blade that i still really enjoy using. I have becomemore of a fan of St Croix, Loomis and Jim Grant rods but my medium light Bionic blade nearly always gets to make the trip. Especially for light lining smallies. The Sedona is a fine real as well. If it is an option it may be worth it to upgrade to the Stradic. Seems to me to be a little smoother and not as much wobble. The Stradics only knock is that I have burned up the drag on two of them in less than a year. Our local sporting goods store replaces them for free so it keeps me coming back!
Old 06-22-2004, 06:07 PM

Most of the retail stores own brand of equipment such as rods are just high end blanks from other companies that they put their name on and resell at a lower price. I've never used a Bass Pro Rod but I have used GanderMountains own rods and they are very high quality for a lower price so I assume Bass Pro is the same.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:36 PM

I hope your right Rick I think I'm going this weekned to see what they have and highly intend to buy. So we'll see what I find.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:21 AM

if you like it get it cuz the combos at the bass pro shops are good & they feel nice when a fish on the line