Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 How many rods do you take for bass fishing? >

How many rods do you take for bass fishing?

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

How many rods do you take for bass fishing?

Old 06-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Default How many rods do you take for bass fishing?

On a normal outing..., how many rods do you normally take and what lures are on them to start off with..

For me...4 rods ...and 5 if fishing live bait.

1. Garcia spinning 6 1/2 foot rod .....Rooster Tail white

2. 7 foot Finwick Legency rod with Quantum Baitcaster jig or Gamler 6 inch worm Texas Rig 1/8th ounce weight

3. 7 foot Team Diawa Pinnacle Baitcaster Minus one or jerkbait.

4. 7 foot Team Diawa Pinnacle Baitaster Weedless spinner bait. white single Colorado blade or single willow leaf.

IF it's slow I'll have a 5th rod...a medium Shakesphere 6 1/2 footer with a Shimano reel ..2 /0 hook with a 3 inch live shiner ...fishing 5 foot deep.
ALL REELS ARE FILLED WITH POWER PRO 20 pound test
Old 06-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many rods do you take for bass fishing?

13 bass pro pro qualifiers, with green curado reels. 1 bass pro pro finesse for 4" senkos, light cranks and other such baits.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

13? Dang! I have two poles.

6 1/2 medium spinning Bill Dance cheapy, 12 pound test. All my lighter stuff
7 foot MH Bill Dance baitcaster cheapy, 17 pound test. Everything else.

I took everyones advice on here about 7 footers and got one. Still havent caught a fish on it, yet. HA! But I will find out I guess.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Dairy....if I could only afford one rod it would be a 6 1/2 foot open face spinning rod. That will catch alot of different kinds of fish and yo can fish any bait. If you used Power pro you won't even get swirls in your line..
I fished with two6 foot spinning rods for years with cheap Diawa reels. Graphite bearings..and landed a lot of bass .If your drag is set properly you can catch big fish on cheap tackle.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

way to many somewhere between 5 while pond fishing and about 15 while the bass boat was in commission. about half and half spinning or baitcasters my two favorites are my st. croix 6' 6" premier and a pinnacle 7 ft. with a quantem on her and 15 lb mono for clear water power pro for the river
Old 07-01-2007, 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Dairy....if I could only afford one rod it would be a 6 1/2 foot open face spinning rod. That will catch alot of different kinds of fish and yo can fish any bait. If you used Power pro you won't even get swirls in your line..
I fished with two6 foot spinning rods for years with cheap Diawa reels. Graphite bearings..and landed a lot of bass .If your drag is set properly you can catch big fish on cheap tackle.
Chuck I'm with ya on that, It's what I have. Spooled with 8 pound mono though. A quantum rod and matzou reel.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

If im bank fishing I take one spinning outfit usually my 6' 6" medium heavy quantum torsion rod with a Mitchell Avocet reel usually spooled with 10 lbs berkley XL but has 10 lbs fireline crystal on it at the moment,with a spare spool in my pack lined with 12 lb berkley XL. if Im boat fishing I take 6 rods as listed.

1. Baitcasting - 7' MH Berkley lightning rod quantum EX500c reel spooled with 17 lbs berkley XT rigged with either a pig & Jig or big plastics.

2. Baitcasting - 6' 6" MH abu garcia tournament series rod, quantum EX500cx reel spooled with 12 lbs berkley tournament strength line rigged with a texas rigged worm or a 1/2 oz rattle trap. (my favorite for rattle traps)

3. Baitcasting - 6' MH Berkley lightning rod, quantum UL300 reel spooled with 12 lbs cajun red line. rigged with a soft plastics or spinner baits.

4. Baitcasting - 6' MH berkley lightning rod, Daiwa Procaster-X 153 spooled with 12 lbs berkley tournament strength. rigged with a white 3/8 oz rooster tail

5. Baitcasting - 6' Falcon MH Ozark special (pistol grip style, my pride and joy cant get these anymore), Daiwa Procaster-Z 153iv spooled with 12 lb berkely tournament strength. rigged with a whacky work or soft jerk bait.

6. Spinning - The above mentioned spinning rod, rigged with a drop shot rig.

for those of you who are wondering what in the heck is berkley tournament strength line. it was one of berkleys first photochromic style line as for strength it is between XL and XT the stuff is very strong and casts like a dream I dont know why berkley stopped making it. It was discontinued sometime in 2000. Shortly after it was discontinued Dick's sporting goods in kansas city, Mo clearenced their stock out for 3 bucks a spool. I bought all of what they had which was 24 filler spools of 12 lbs (I'm now down to 5). I feel rather fortunate lol because im horrible about not changing to new things once i find something I like its very hard for me to change it. and berkly discontinuing this line was like a swift kick in the groin same with when they discontinued their UT line which was my favorite for trout. its a conspiracy I tell ya!!
Old 07-02-2007, 04:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I use just 1 as I lost one fishing 2 years ago!!! I was fishing with one rod and had a live bait on another and wham lost a rod just like that when a fish hit it...[:@]
Old 07-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Up to 7 rods if I'm fishin 5-6 hrs+.

2-3 Pan Fish Rods(4 pound test - open and closed face reels)
2-3 Baitcasters(Spinner,Buzz or Crank)
2 Spin(Top Water,Small Jigs and Worms)
1 Spin Rod set up with braided line specifically for Scum Froggin.

When fishing in evening on Lake I live on - I often take 2-3 rods max - no tackle box.I throw whatever is tyed on.Did that a couple times last week on prefront conditions with 3 rods and no box!Had the best 2 nights of the year!

Old 07-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Sounds good,

My boat is small so I can take 4 max. I thought I could take 5 but 5 is one too many,
c7

Quick Reply: How many rods do you take for bass fishing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.