Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Does anyone have an IPad? >

Does anyone have an IPad?

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Does anyone have an IPad?

Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Does anyone have an IPad?

I got my wife one for her birthday...I'm not the swiftest with technology but here are a few facts I'll give ya..

A. I've been on a diet..one of the free Aps has an incredible and free program...it has me on 2190 calories a day..as I go to record my food...it has a pull down menu with every food and grocery store already stoed including restaurants..it keeps a daily line graph of your progress and gives a complete nutrients table showing the proteins, vitamins minerals etc. that you have consumed..it also has a friend like forum where you can message others using this ap.So far I've been using it for 5 days and have lost 11 pounds..

B. No IPad has yet to get a virus.

C. My son Matt lives in the swamp...where there are no phone towers..no problem. I simply pull up FaceTime and click on Matt's name. His IPad rings and he answers it. I then talk to him face to face.This has always worked.

D. For my Earth Science I bought an ap for 5.99 It's called Star Walker..I can take my IPad outside and it will name every star and planet in our hemisphere.?.straight above me..

E. I 've never been into video games but I am on this thing..awesome games...

F. My wife likes The Virtual Bible..as your reading it..in any version you like..you get an option to click on parts of Israel (live streaming) that pertains to the text in which you are reading. Example...fig trees. You will be taken to real live fig trees growing along the Sea of Galilee..etc.etc.

G. Baseball..although I don't have a TV I got a free ap where I can click on baseball..and I get live updates of all the teams as they are happening..

The IPads are pretty darn amazing..and only the size of a notebook..11 inches square and about 1/2 inch thick..anywhere with Y5 and you can use them..
Old 06-23-2012, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck 7 ..... I have an iPad and I love it.....cool little gadget.....I'm not tech smart either but the thing is fun to play with.....i'v also got the STAR WALK APP....something how you can just point it in a direction and it shows you everything that's in the sky......could you tell me the name of the free app for the diet......Thank You...... Mike.....
Old 06-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir..my wife will be home in a few minutes..I 'll have her hook ya up..like I said..I'm a little slow.(-:
Old 06-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Dominant Buck

My Wife said to go to the ap store (on the IPad) and search for My Fitness Pal. ..then download it..Itz's free and it's wonderful.

Chuck7
Old 06-23-2012, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info Chuck and tell your wife I said Thank You.....Have a good day....

brewman555......Mike.......
Old 06-23-2012, 08:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Anytime Mike..I've been on Weight Watchers, extended fasting, serious exercising and this is by far the best thing I've done..my wife and son are on it as well..we are all losing serious weight...and it's fun.

I'm allowed 2140 calories a day..working on losing..100 pounds kind of fun choosing what I eat..my favorites..grilled chuck eyed steaks...about 520 calories for 1/2 pound steak...salmon at 90 calories per 1/4 pound..if one eats smart ythey can enjoy eatting, be healthy and lose mega pounds..

The program has me set up to lose 2 pounds per week..so far it's been 11

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-23-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Those calories add up..while I was out cutting the grass..I pulled 3 nice figs off of my fig tree...taste great.then I had to log in the 90 calories...who would have guessed that. Healthy cals..but none the less they are to be added in.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck...fig are good for you as long the word Newton dosn't follow it :-) ....my wife has been setting it all up herself and has started counting calories....her new diet has begun....she really likes the APP.....good luck on your diet....and Thanks Again......

Mike
Old 06-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, my wife eats like a bird and can not lose weight.She's on all kinds of medication..We've been on this app one week today. She has lost 5 1/2 pounds and I've lost 12...yes sir figs have a lot of good healthy properties...but I even eat them in moderation.

My wife is only allowed 1200 cals a day so I bought her some low cal snack foods to cheer her up..

Stuffed olives with garlic...she loves these..10 cal each
Rice cakes..whole wheat with caramel..45 cals each..
Blueberries for her Kashi Go Lean cereal...very low..forget the cals..

Baby Back ribs was surprising,,,1/2 pound slab360 cals..grilled of course..

We Grill Alot now...cuts the cals way down

Having steak today..her 1/4 pound steak is 200 cals..my 1/2 pound steak 400
With a few adjustments it can be fun..

Monthy the 3 of us puts 20.00 in a jar..the one who doesn't go over their cals wins. I expect we will all tie. If that is the case we are going to spend the money on a deep sea fishing trip.?.in Dec.

Last week we were all brainstorming on how I could lose my weight...so my found this app....her and my oldest son are not really that heavy..they are just trying to help me..it's more fun as a husband and wife thing,,,we are spending a lot less at the grocery store and every meal we eat quality stuff..like lobster, scallops, steak etc,just smaller portions and watching the butter,cheese and oil.

Have a great day sir,
C7

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-24-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

been using wifes Ipad for a few months
absolutely hate it for work,
Nice toy for browsing maps and such
but lousy for anything like email that requires typing.
am impressed with battery life on it.
also tends to glitch alot, have to turn it off/on quitre often,
lots of delays between touching the screen and registering what is touched,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.