HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone have an IPad?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default Does anyone have an IPad?

I got my wife one for her birthday...I'm not the swiftest with technology but here are a few facts I'll give ya..

A. I've been on a diet..one of the free Aps has an incredible and free program...it has me on 2190 calories a day..as I go to record my food...it has a pull down menu with every food and grocery store already stoed including restaurants..it keeps a daily line graph of your progress and gives a complete nutrients table showing the proteins, vitamins minerals etc. that you have consumed..it also has a friend like forum where you can message others using this ap.So far I've been using it for 5 days and have lost 11 pounds..

B. No IPad has yet to get a virus.

C. My son Matt lives in the swamp...where there are no phone towers..no problem. I simply pull up FaceTime and click on Matt's name. His IPad rings and he answers it. I then talk to him face to face.This has always worked.

D. For my Earth Science I bought an ap for 5.99 It's called Star Walker..I can take my IPad outside and it will name every star and planet in our hemisphere.?.straight above me..

E. I 've never been into video games but I am on this thing..awesome games...

F. My wife likes The Virtual Bible..as your reading it..in any version you like..you get an option to click on parts of Israel (live streaming) that pertains to the text in which you are reading. Example...fig trees. You will be taken to real live fig trees growing along the Sea of Galilee..etc.etc.

G. Baseball..although I don't have a TV I got a free ap where I can click on baseball..and I get live updates of all the teams as they are happening..

The IPads are pretty darn amazing..and only the size of a notebook..11 inches square and about 1/2 inch thick..anywhere with Y5 and you can use them..