Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

composite rods

Old 06-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: composite rods

Ive fished for a long time, but specifically for bass on recently. I've missed quite a few bass from hesitant hook sets, lack of attention, etc. But once hooked, ive only lost one bass so far.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Alpha Capo

ORIGINAL: Gangly

I've been fishing for LMB almost exclusively with medium graphite rods and I have only lost one LMB to date,
you must not get alot of bites...

youve only ever missed one fish....[:-]...i miss fish all the time(at least one everytime out)...but once they are hooked they are almost always boated...usually fish are misssedwhen im not paying attention and just going threw the motions.
I Guess I should have been more specific:
missing= missing the strike, bite, etc all together
lost= setting the hook, fighting the fish, then losing him

I didnt say that I've only missed one fish, I said that I've only lost one bass. Ive missed and lost PLENTY of fish, and have missed 10 times more than I've lost, but since I've started bass fishing in the past three months, more specifically, since ive been fishing with a fast medium action rod, I've only lost one bass after it was hooked.

The problems i was facing early on were trying using the light rod i used to catch pan fish, and attempting to catch bass withit. Probably 3 out of 5 "catches" I would set the hook, and generally within2-3 seconds the fish would spit the lure out. I switched to the medium rod with a fast tip and have only had onebass come off the line after setting the hook.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gottcha.....[8D]

also ill add that the Fiberglass(composite???) rods kindof have a medium fastsweeping hooksetbuilt into them compared to a fast action graphite rod(wich i never thought of that way before)