Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Give me YOUR gear list! >

Give me YOUR gear list!

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Give me YOUR gear list!

Old 06-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default Give me YOUR gear list!

Well im heading up to Ontario fly in fishing trip in about week and a half. We are fishing walleye mainly with a small time set aside for big northerns. I have about everyting i think but if you guys would just shoot out some lists it would help me not forget anything. thanks for your help!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Give me YOUR gear list!

Rods:
I always bring three rods: a bait caster for soft plastics, heavy lures and some crankbaits, a spin caster for mostly top water crank baits, and an open face spinning rod for light tackle and finesse lures that are very light.

Lures:
A box consisting of soft baits (worms, lizards, crawdads), an assortment of minnows in various shapes and sizes to cover the top 5 feet of water, jigs in light and dark colors with asorted trailers to cover the bottom, and a few(not many) diving crankbaits that cover anywhere between 5 feet of depth and the bottom.

Equipment:
Needle Nose Pliers
Reqular pliers
JB Weld or any fast curing cement mix solution (never know what you will hit in the jon boat )
Pocket Knife
Long Sleeve Shirt for protection against mosquitos and the sun
Bug Spray
String Rolls of 3 different weights, generally 8, 10, and 12, but sometimes I will throw in a 20 pound spool depending on what I will be fishing in.

Hat
.22 Rifle for Cotton Mouths
Old 06-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Dominant Buck

This is the extras I'd bring..

A.Shoe Goo ....Walmart 4.99

.The best boat fixer out there..

B.Tackle Bag...
you can organize your tackle better and it's easier to store

c.Camera..extra batteries ..and an extra disposable camera..stuff happens

D. a hand held GPS

E. Plenty of cash..

F. Map of the area you will be fishing at..can print good ones off of Google Earth

G. Cell phone ..charger

H. Flashlight

I. lighter

J. razor ..

K.Tooth brush

L.Shampoo

M.New Testament

N. comb

o. I'd only take a few different lures ..in other words .if your goingto use jigs..I'd take 20 of my best..not all I have..same with the other lures. A good compact selection..

p.Have appropriate permits and licenses.

Q.MACE for bears or other WILD things..

Have Fun..
c7

Old 06-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

leave tht .22 there isnt any cottonmouths in ontario
Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Down inConroe,Texas there is but thats the least you have to worry about down here when out on the swamp waters and rivers. I would take a bazooka in the boat with me if I could
Old 06-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the lists guys, keep them comming, i leave in 5 days
Old 06-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Dominant Buck

I've been fishing everyday this week..I had one major backlash..SO..I'd diffently pack extra line.

Extra money is good too..enjoy yourself..I hate scrimping on a vacation..HAVE FUN!!

Keep positive..bring a New Testament and read a few verses..take time out to thank the Lord for His awesome creation..Keep a healty attitude..that will help you get the best out of your trip..

Bring plenty of underwear..You can use the same pants maybe 3 days but you need to change your underwear daily.[8D]and socks

Bring a laundry bag for those dirty clothes.
Bring a few cheap razors..I hate feeling gruffy..Even if ya got a beard..gotta shave that neck..

Bring some medicine in case you get the sniffles..a change of climate can do that..

I hope you plan to eat some of those walleyes..they are some of my favorite fish to eat..

God bless,
C7

Old 06-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I've been fishing everyday this week..I had one major backlash..SO..I'd diffently pack extra line.

Extra money is good too..enjoy yourself..I hate scrimping on a vacation..HAVE FUN!!

Keep positive..bring a New Testament and read a few verses..take time out to thank the Lord for His awesome creation..Keep a healty attitude..that will help you get the best out of your trip..

Bring plenty of underwear..You can use the same pants maybe 3 days but you need to change your underwear daily.[8D]and socks

Bring a laundry bag for those dirty clothes.
Bring a few cheap razors..I hate feeling gruffy..Even if ya got a beard..gotta shave that neck..

Bring some medicine in case you get the sniffles..a change of climate can do that..

I hope you plan to eat some of those walleyes..they are some of my favorite fish to eat..

God bless,
C7

Absolutly on the fish eating. Since we motor out on average 40 min 2 our fishing spots every day we cook shore lunch out there so we dnt have 2 go back 2 the cabin. There is nothing like a fresh walleye sandwhich