Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need help with my field list ( whats your gear) >

Need help with my field list ( whats your gear)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help with my field list ( whats your gear)

Old 09-25-2006, 09:31 PM

Default Need help with my field list ( whats your gear)

hey everyone, great website here, just wondering if there is a good list out there someone has put together, as far what gear you take to the field for the hunt, more looking for info on what you carry on your body in your kit like, knife, cell phone, doe calls, doe piss, flashlight, just stuff like that, this will be my first bow hunt for whitetails this year, and just making sure i dont forget anything, thanks!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need help with my field list ( whats your gear)

Whenever I go hunting I bring a big duffle back full of stuff. I have all of my clothes, flashlight, rangefinders, rattling antlers, bow release, face mask, seat cushion, boots, arm guard for bow hunting, cover scent, deer scents(sometimes), cell phone(incase something happens), and a weapon. This is what I usually bring with me.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

1st, welcome to the forum. second, cookies. I always bring food and drink. I like to stay on stand as long as possible. I have gotten so hungry or thirsty in the past that I went home early. No more of that crap! Water bottle and a snack are mandatory parts of my pack.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:04 AM
Typical Buck

Okay, I will list it as I have it wrote down here at home.
1) bow
2) arrows 3 or 4 with broadheads.
3) license and taggs in pouch.
4) scent loc suite
5) pair of camo clothes
6) boots
7) mask and gloves
8) scent away spray
9) pack
a. release
b. arm guard
c. bow hanger
d. pull up rope
e. scent, lure, rags, gloves.
f. radio and cell phone.
g. marking tape.
h. knife and multi tool
i. water bottal
j. piss bottal
k. book
l. range finder
m. range book
n. equipment box.
I keep a big rubber made box in the back of my truck and it holds all my equipment and extra stuff I might need later on. If you need more help just pm me.
Good Hunting.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

Don't forget plenty of water and some kind of food like an apple, pop-tarts, sandwiches, cookies or anything you like. You'll be in the woods all day and need to make sure you have plenty of food and water.

One more thing...hand warmers
Old 09-26-2006, 05:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Being that I only hunt 1/2 mile from home I only bring what I need. Clothes, Boots, Flashlight (LED, shows blood better) Knife, Bottle of water and sometimes some munchies. And of course bow and arrows.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the forums , glad to have you join us.
Here's my list for an all day hunt , knowing that my stand is already on the tree this is what I carry in.
My bow and arrows , deer calls , flash light , knife , first aid kit , cell phone , toilet paper , compass or GPS , rattel bag , sents , drag rag , binocs , camera , water , lunch , extra pull rope , license ( tags ) , a couple of one gollan freezer bags for heart and liver , rain suite , extra flash light with batteries , topo map , purning shears , trail markers and an emergency whistle I think that cover it well enough.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's my composite list:

1. Bow

I sometimes carry my phone.....but lots of times I don't. I hunt really close to home.....and I see NO NEED in carrying anything other than what I know I'll need......ESPECIALLY as hot as the early season is, here. I've shot distances with the rangefinder, already (3 stand locations). I have bow hangers/haul lines/safety lines/etc....already at the stand sites. I would take some jerky or something for a long sit. But ....for this afternoon's hunt.....I'll take my bow, only (and a phone).

Jeff
Old 09-26-2006, 09:47 AM

Piss bottle...hmmm, now what do us females do
[align=left] [/align]
Old 09-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bow, 4 arrows, knife, rope, book or hand-held electronic poker game.

A lot of times I will not take the book or game if I'm just hunting for a couple hours. It does help pass the time...and takes a minimal amount of hand movement.

I'll play the same poker game throughout the entire bow season and see how many points I can amass. BTW...it makes no noise and I only have to move 1 finger to play it.

I've noticed one thing about the electronic game...I sit perfectly still for long periods of time while playing it...pausing to look around from time to time.

A buddy turned me onto this a few years ago...

Quick Reply: Need help with my field list ( whats your gear)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.