Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Matt got one on the Horny Toad this morning >

Matt got one on the Horny Toad this morning

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Matt got one on the Horny Toad this morning

Old 05-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Matt got one on the Horny Toad this morning

Matt got one out of a private lake this morning..and this lake really will remain a secret..He got a nice 5 pounder .I can't get the picture to transfer so my wife will have to later..We are taking my boat out there tomorrow.Very little pressure..We were making a few cast on the shoreline..Lily pads galour..I had about 5 boil ups but the pads were so thick the fish couldn't find the frog..[:-]They found Matt's Horny Toad and I got a nice picture of his 5 pounder to make him 8 1/2 pounds total on the tourny..We will be back tomorrow.Picture will be posted when my computer tech person gets home from garage saling..
c7
Old 05-30-2009, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Matt got one on the Horny Toad this morning

Congrats to Matt, I can't wait to see the pic..
Old 05-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Here it is Phil
Tadover 5 pounds..
Caught in the middle of the pads on Horny Toad.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's more like it!!Nice bass Matt I hope you and your dad catches a few more of em.. I will have to get after them shortly. I will be needing to get a few for the tourneypost this year.. I should have a lot more time to this year...
Old 05-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Dominant Buck

A friend of ours got into this place with a Kayac. He boated 15...biggest around 5 pounds...smallest 2 pounds.There is no boat ramp..Matt and I are taking out my 10 footer tomorrow..I plan to flip with a jig and frog it..Matt plans to frog it and pitch rubber worms..Getting the boat to the lake will be a trip..We have to pack it in his Ford Ranger and carry it quite a ways..but this lake gets very little pressure if any at all. It's about 2 miles around it. It's completely fenced all the way around it.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

good fish, get after them man[:-]
Old 05-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope a Gator didnt get ya since ya aint back yet lol, but nice fish Matts got there , sounds like your gonna get some kind of a work out carrying the boat in there
Old 06-01-2009, 02:09 AM
Dominant Buck

NEVER AGAIN..[8D]

Thanks for Matt's muscles..we were able to get the boat up the hill[&o]going down to the lake was easy..getting back up the hill nearly impossible..Fishing was terrilbe..the frog is not that hot in THICK pads where you can only find a 3" circle of water here and there.I ended up getting one 1 3/4 bass..smallest yet on the toad..we both missed a couple..The bass were in the thick of the thickest and we got plenty of boils but few takers..Back to Saddle Creek this Sat.Thanks for the replies..

This Thursday is my last day with students.Then I get 72 days off..to fish.

Getting old is tough..When I started casting the Horny Toad 3 weeks ago my shoulder started getting sore..It's still sore..[:-]The other day a student ran from me..I learned I can no longer run more than 50 yds.What is happening to my 54 ..almost 55 year old body?

My 10 foot jon boat has got to be the world's heaviest..it's not normal..I even removed th etrolling motor ..anchor etc..extremely heavy Polar Kraft.,,but very stable..
Old 06-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Spike

You need to treat chuck7 with more respect he's a great guy in need of just a compliment every now and then, by the way i appreciate the the compliments about the small bass, not bad from off the shore though. Good luck guys and God bless.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Nice fish man!!!

Quick Reply: Matt got one on the Horny Toad this morning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.