Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Fishing stories for the week of June 16th >

Fishing stories for the week of June 16th

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing stories for the week of June 16th

Old 06-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Fishing stories for the week of June 16th

Hey let us know how ya did this week.

June 14th..It sure is nice being on vacation. I found one ok spot at Saddle Creek which is pretty consistant. I was drifting a gambler worm and using a Rooster Tail as my depth finder..When I got to 7000 7 ...7 foot approxmately...I noticed I was hung up in hydrilla..I gave a pull hopin to free the treble hook from the vegetation when all of a sudden a telephone pole began pulling my Rooster Tail through the hydrilla.I kept my rod tip up high and line tight but whatever it was came loose.

The water is too weedy for Rooster Tail.I tied on a minus 1 and boated 2 bass...and then a Strike King Weedless spinner bait and boated 3 and then one on a Rooster Tail..Tomorrow I'm going back with a dozen of shiners.For Saddle Creek that was actually an OK day.I tried a jig MT..but the hydrilla kept hanging my lure up. Saddle Creek is just one giant mat of Hydrilla. I used the skinny part of a fire and ice for the skirt..It looked pretty good.

C7
Old 06-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fishing stories for the week of June 16th

I tried a jig MT..but the hydrilla kept hanging my lure up. Saddle Creek is just one giant mat of Hydrilla. I used the skinny part of a fire and ice for the skirt..It looked pretty good.
your missing a golden opertunity there buddy, get a heavy jig 3/4-1 oz or a big craw worm with a 1/2oz worm weight get right on the edge of the topped out grass and drop that bait in any hole or bust a new hole in it, the fish will be up under the canopy of the cover made up of hydrilla and milfoil, the whole idea is to get the bait down thru the vegitation, thats where the fish (big fish) are waiting on something to come by, i do this on guntersville all summer, and have done it when i lived in texas on rayburn and toledo bend, on a side note it takes a lot of paitence to do this but when you luck up on a wad of fish it will be worth it

i'll try to find you some more info on this, it is a very tough but rewarding way to catch some good fish, tough in that you can fish a lot of water before you find that one little strecth thats holding the fish

like this:

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/stories/2001-2002/needle-in-a-grass-bed/needle-in-a-grass-bed.htm

and this:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/fishing/bass/article/0,19912,1186194,00.html

denny

http://brauerbass.com/articles/25_denny_aquaticweeds.htm

http://brauerbass.com/articles/12_denny_mattedcover.htm

http://brauerbass.com/articles/8_chad_deeppitching.htm
Old 06-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I appreciate the feedabck MT..I really had a serious hook up this morning..that is one of the flaws of Rooster Taill...tiny hooks.[:@]

On open water you may be ok but not dense vegetation/..no way.I'm goig back tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

June 13th, 5:30P.M. - Dark....

Took a newbe with me and we had a great time. It was about 90 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Figured it would be a very slow bite. We started out throwing watermellon seed senkos and caught 6-7 fish right off the bat from the lilly pads. About an hour before dark I started throwing my stanley ribbit frog and hooked 8 on it before dark. All together I think we caught 15 or 16 fish. 11 of them were over the 15" size limit. The biggest was only about 3 pounds. All in all it was a great evening. It's always fun when you take a newbe and get on some fish. I think he may be hooked. Heres a picture of his first bass.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Keith....I appreciate the hard work my friend.

June 15th...
Aaron and I hidded back out to Saddle Creek.. We had 18 shiners and I was throwing a strike king and Gambler. We boated 11 total. I caught the biggest on a 6 " Gambler Christmas Tree worm ..I was using worm rattles as well with a 1 /8th ounce bullet sinker.There was no pick up and wait on this fish..Wham ..bam ..slam ..She weighed almost 3 pounds.
Aaron had fun .His biggest was a 1 1/2 pounds,
Old 06-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Fork Horn

I caught 3 redear, 7 Bluegill and 1 trout tonight.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for sharing fellows..sounds like some great times ...That lake you fish on sounds incredible Gherd. Your friend looks like he's having a great time.

Beehunter Good eatting man...Those fish would be make my present family a real good meal.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

King Mackeral everywhere and thats all i have to say.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bait was hard to come by today, but a friend did manage one king. it was a small one though. 24 1/4". that makes 28 kings in 2 weeks, with the biggest so far at 46 pounds.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty good thunder got 11 today averaging 10 lbs the big ones are just off the beach with the biggest i have heard of so far being 55 lbs

Quick Reply: Fishing stories for the week of June 16th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.