Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Fishing stories for the week of June 16th >

Fishing stories for the week of June 16th

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing stories for the week of June 16th

Old 06-17-2007, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fishing stories for the week of June 16th

Not trying to turn this into salt life, but these bass fishers don't know what they are missing...do they? Having a fish yank 200 yards of line off your reel in about 30 seconds, and then fighting him for half an hour just to get a good look at him!
Old 06-17-2007, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

No they dont thunder. Have you ever caught a wahoo or sailfish. YOu think that king is fast and then it just goes smoking the reel like 3 times as fast and if you dont get the drag right he willdump all 350 to 450 or so yards of line like your reel was a playtoy scooby doo reel.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not trying to turn this into salt life, but these bass fishers don't know what they are missing...do they? Having a fish yank 200 yards of line off your reel in about 30 seconds, and then fighting him for half an hour just to get a good look at him!
ah man!!! rub it in why don't you[:@], closest salt water for me is 6 hours away, when i lived in texas i made fairly regular trips for saltwater fishing, most of that was for reds and specks (mmmm mmmm)..

you guys are lucky to have both fresh and salt water, i mean north carolina has some great bass fishing, then you've got the outer shore, and thunders sitting on st johns river and got the ocean, its a tough life ain't it
Old 06-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

heck yea its tough man i mean you gotta wake up during the summer and decide if you wanna go saltwater fishing or bass fishing. We have better saltwater fishing than we do fresh here until winter time so summer i fish winter i hunt and fish man. I am gonna make a trip to santee next year during the spawn always wanted to do that.Anybody from here is welcome to meet me there if i can go.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep... it's tuff when you live in the bass capital of the world.Living on an island and when you wake up you have to decide if you wanna go cath a bunch of ten pound bass or if ya wanna go to the pier and catch some 40 pound king mackeral and look at bikinis.nice tan bod.....um, gotsta keep it clean. Anyway, chuck lives closer to the actual bass capital part of the state, But I gots bikinis, and big fish!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oneshot... we do get hoo and cobia come thru, we also have 100+ pound tarpon and they are 6-7 feet long, and we have to drag them a quarter mile back down the pier and beach them, just to get our hooks back. They are catch and release only. It has gotten to the point where we DON"T like catching them beacause of the half mile round trip we must make so we can rebait and continue fishing. They can and will spool us if we aren't carefull.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep iam targeting the tarpon this year as well
Old 06-20-2007, 09:03 AM

WE went up to Canada all week. WE didn't have as good northern fishing as last year but I managed to catch a 39 incher. which is my personal best. The northerns were all right but the smallies were amazing. I caught two fish a t21 inches. It wasn't even worth mentioning the walleyes. we only caught a dozen and they were all small. It was still a lot of fun. but also alittle dissapointing because of last year when we caught 16 northerns that were over 10 pounds and now we only caught 4. but the smallies made up for it.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Fork Horn

Went fishing on Fathers day with my son,3, and nieghbors kid,11 at a local tailrace. I got a 27lb male and Erin got his first salmon a 23lb hen. It was fairly slow fishing but I'm sure he will never forget it. Spin-n-glows and eggs were the bait of the day. I was setting up another rig when I heard him say "I think I have one on" I looked over to see the 8'6" medium heavy action rod bent over almost double with line peeling out. "think so! Me too!". It took a few minutes but he finally got it to the bank. They were nice and fresh, not even starting to blush yet and were fine eating.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Great fish man!! I've also got the same scale as you guys..Very accurate scales.The scenery looks very nice. What size line was you using?
c7

Quick Reply: Fishing stories for the week of June 16th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.