HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fishing stories for the week of June 16th
Old 06-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default Fishing stories for the week of June 16th

Hey let us know how ya did this week.

June 14th..It sure is nice being on vacation. I found one ok spot at Saddle Creek which is pretty consistant. I was drifting a gambler worm and using a Rooster Tail as my depth finder..When I got to 7000 7 ...7 foot approxmately...I noticed I was hung up in hydrilla..I gave a pull hopin to free the treble hook from the vegetation when all of a sudden a telephone pole began pulling my Rooster Tail through the hydrilla.I kept my rod tip up high and line tight but whatever it was came loose.

The water is too weedy for Rooster Tail.I tied on a minus 1 and boated 2 bass...and then a Strike King Weedless spinner bait and boated 3 and then one on a Rooster Tail..Tomorrow I'm going back with a dozen of shiners.For Saddle Creek that was actually an OK day.I tried a jig MT..but the hydrilla kept hanging my lure up. Saddle Creek is just one giant mat of Hydrilla. I used the skinny part of a fire and ice for the skirt..It looked pretty good.

C7