Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Ruger P345

Old 12-27-2004, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default Ruger P345

Has anyone out there purchased one of these new pistols? I'm in the market for a new handgun and have owned P89 & P94's in the past with good results. I have never owned a .45 acp. I have had 9MM's in the past. My results with the Ruger's have been good reliability and mediocre accuracy. My Step-Dad has a Colt Commander that I often shoot that is wonderfully accurate at 25 yards. Much more so than any of the 9MM Ruger's that I have owned. I will use the new gun as a concealed carry weapon. It won't be on my person just kept loaded in my vehicle. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:53 AM

Default RE: Ruger P345

They're a darn good gun for the money. Although I'm a bit biased since I sell them
Old 12-27-2004, 01:17 PM

I don't think they are a bad gun for the money either but they are far from my first choice. They feel a little clunky and unrefined to me, I also do not like the way they come apart for cleaning. Most of the Ruger auto's need the feed throat polished for starters, they seem rough to me when new. I love their revolvers and own many for what its worth.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

the p345 has a nicely polished feed throat from the factory my buddy has one it shoots nicely fist size groups at 25 yards shooting free handed. Its on my list for the next gun to buy the only thing I dont like about it is it has to have a magazine in it to fire without a magazine its worthless, to me a gun I would use as a tool for survival I would like to beable to still fire it even if i have to put a cartridge in it one at time manually, what if you your magazine gets lost or damaged. other then that I like it for a plinker, I doubt id use it for conceal and carry.

last month I was looking for a gun for concealed carry because of my budjet I had my choices boiled down to a ruger P 345 and a Taurus millennium pro PT 145, figuring the P 345 wasnt my kind of a survival tool because of the reasons mentioned earlier I went with the Taurus but I still plan on eventually getting the ruger here before to long.

the feed throat on the taurus was so nicely polished it shined brighter then a diamond in a goats @ss, also the magazine holds two more rounds of 45 acp then the ruger and it will still fire with the magazine removed.

heres a pic of my taurus along with a target.

Old 12-29-2004, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no interest in a semiauto that only has magazines available that are Bradybunch sized.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no interest in a semiauto that only has magazines available that are Bradybunch sized.
LOL but you can get hi cap mags for the rugers just ruger doesnt make them Pro mag and a few others make them.