Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger P345 Question??? >

Ruger P345 Question???

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger P345 Question???

Old 02-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ruger P345 Question???

I was looking at the Ruger KP345DC and I noticed that when themagazine was out of the gunit stillfunctioned. Everything I have read says that they have a magazine disconnect and Iswear that the one I looked at the first year they came out did have a magazine disconnect. Did Ruger change to a non magazine disconnect model or do thay offer both?
Old 02-20-2006, 01:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ruger P345 Question???

I just got mine out and checked. It does not have the magazine disconnect and will fire without the Magazine. My 9MM Ruger which is quite a bit older, will also fire with the magazine out. These are fine guns at a very reasonable price. I have never had a Ruger auto pistol malfunction and i have run many hundreds of rounds through half a dozen of them. Thousands even.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Ruger P89DC and I just bought the KP345DCP that I will pick up on Wednesday. I can't wait to shoot it. Ruger does make very good guns for the money. I have 7 rifles and pistols ranging from .22LR to 300 WSM and I love all of them.

Thanks

Tom
Old 02-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

My nine is the P-95DC. I have had this one for six or seven years. It never misses a beat. RN, HP. TC, lead bullets any combination, It eats up anything you stick in the Magazine. Accuracy is quite good although I have never shot it with a rest for groups. I really want to get a 40 in the Ruger as well. I have a ton of components and no 40.[]
Old 02-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am surprised by this info. I have been looking at these new 345 models and was only hesitating a little bit b/c of the magazine disconnect feature that was widely published.

So, they either changed their minds completely about this or have been offering 2 models...one with and one without.
I'm gonna check out their website to try to find out what gives.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found an article at http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-P345.htm
that mentions the "magazine disconnect".
I found more info regarding this controversial feature at Rugers own site, from a News Release dated Nov 11, 2004. It specifically mentions the 'magazine disconnect".
If you guys are saying yours functions and fires with the magazine out, then I have to belive you and surmise that Ruger has dropped this feature.

If so, "GOOD!" I'm used to operating under the assumption that all my guns are always loaded and ready to go off.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

To be honest, I thought they had the disconnect. When gundigest mentioned this, I got both of my Rugers out and neither has the disconnect. I bought them both new so I know they have not been altered. I don't like that feature either.[:'(]
Old 02-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

I don't like the magazine disconnect either, I knew the other Ruger models didnot have it, but I was very suprised to see that the P345 at the gunshop did not have it. It was really the only thing I didn't like about that gun.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I'll submit an e-mail question to the Ruger site regarding this issue and I'll report back what I hear from them
Old 02-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

Even my safey book for the P345 states it has a magazine disconnect.

Quick Reply: Ruger P345 Question???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.