Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

EXPLOSION?????

Old 02-20-2008, 10:44 PM

Default RE: EXPLOSION?????

If the round is left ina corrosive environment it may tarnish. I have a couple thousand rounds loaded up, some over ten yrs old and they still look good. The melting temperature of brass is 1652-1724 degrees Farenheit. The lead bullet would have melted at 621 degrees. Doubt a normal camp or barrel fire ever getshot enough to melt the brass. When the powder was set off, more than likely the solid powder in the primer went off too.Do not hit it witha hammer.[:@]Unlessthe 12Vdc power was supplied at one end of the round and it touchedground at another point,it would not go off.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:25 PM

What ever you're selling Mike, I don't think anyone's buying it. This thread gets a little sillier each day. I don't think I'll waste any more time here. Be careful shutting those car doors in the future.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:14 PM

Where's the pictures????? Few things are impossible, most are highly improbable. Pictures anyone??