Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Heritage Arms Rough rider is awesome! >

Heritage Arms Rough rider is awesome!

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Heritage Arms Rough rider is awesome!

Old 06-30-2009, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Heritage Arms Rough rider is awesome!

bugsNbows, You're right .... My experience or anyone else's shouldn't be the benchmark for someone else's enjoyment. My bad experience was years ago before Heritage cleaned up their act and offered so many other variants. So I really know nothing about the new guns.

I apologize.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Spike

Default A sucker born every minute

Hey I'll be happy to trade you another for your extermely high quality Ruger. If all I wanted to do is put it in a box and look at it it might be ok or if all I had time to do is shoot 5o rds through it then gun safe it ok but I got one from Gander Moutain (huge mistake) I put 1000 rds through it and it fell apart in my hands. The transfer bar snapped the cylinder locked up and if I could get the hammer back it would not ****. Never the less Gander Moutain said it would fix it free, then said they would have to send it back to the mfg. By the way no refund possible. Caution about Gander Moutain and Heritage.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by frontier gander
Well if u want to compair an encore, u'd have to address all the encore problems. CVA optima elite is where its at.

Im happy with this little rough rider. I have 100 rounds of winchester .22 mags through it and maybe 30 rounds of remington .22 LR.

1/4" groups @ 20 yards is pretty darn good.
I recently bought a RR 4.75 barrel blued with fixed sights and once I figured out where it was shooting I can do pretty good with it.
Sure it's not a Ruger but for the money it's a darn nice gun.
Enjoy it, I know I will.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Spike

One of the most accurate handguns I ever owned was a Llama Martial in 38 spl.. It had the best blue job I have ever seen on any handgun. One of the barrels of the cylinder was tight and empty brass would hang in it some times.I took a dowel rod and some wetndry sand paper and spun it around in it a few times, then put a lil cold blue over that with a qtip and it seemed to fix it. I would still get a hung empty every now and then. I figured it was just part of the personality some guns seem to have. Many folks thought Llamas were cheap handguns.
I kept it for a long time until I hit up on hard times. I was mining coal underground in W.Va. and got laid off. I went down to the oil patch in Houston,Tx. for a while. The bottom eventually fell out there (82) and I sold it at a pawn shop to get money to buy gas to get me back to W.Va.. I paid $90 for it used and got $125 for it when times got rough.
The reason I wrote this here today is I bought a Heritage .22 mag/lr combo today.

Last edited by BIGDAVE54; 11-19-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought about getting one for a plinker a couple of years ago. A good friend of mine bought one and it literally fell apart within a couple of months of light shooting!
I am not one to think more $$$ equals better! But there just is no comparison with the Ruger! I have a .44 Super Redhawk and while I can't "drive tacks" with it, it is one hell of a well built gun!
Perhaps the difference in accuracy could be the difference in shooting a .22 and shooting a .44 mag.! The .44 is much more than just a .22 X 2. Not all people can handle a .44 and larger like they can a rimfire.
But, to each their own! If the OP likes the Rough Rider and got a good one, thats great!