Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 I will know about disability soon >

I will know about disability soon

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

I will know about disability soon

Old 12-29-2004, 10:25 AM

Default RE: I will know about disability soon

Hey Mite I dont know what the state minnimum is I draw $652.00 a month on SSDI They said I dont qualify for SSI as my income is the max on my SSDI. I own my own mobile home which is a 1972 model the lot rent is $150.00 a month and they say its going up the first of the year I only paid $1000.00 for it my car is a old 87 buick clunker worth about $300.00 and I have no bank account at all. When I first started drawing my SSDI it was $564.00 5 years ago and thats when they told me that I was at the max. Yes I do have a 22lr its a Marlin 60 auto loader in stainless. I also have 2 muzzle loaders that I havent shot yet as I havent been able to buy all the accessories ball starter, powder flask, powder measure, bullets and patches and round balls I hope to be able to get it all by spring. I also bought a Mossberg .270win that I sent back to mossberg as the damn thing was unsafe, everytime you took the safety off it would fire. I told mossberg that I didnt want it back and they said That after They received it I could take my pic of what ever they had so Im hoping they will let me have the Varmit .223 in bull barrel. so far I have not heard from them. still waiting as usual. Jimmy
Old 12-29-2004, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Someone may be misleading you. I went on Wisconsin's DFHS site and they said if you qualify for federal SSI then you qualify for state. That's very interesting. I would call a local Soc. Sec. Office not a state DFHS office and find out if you qualify. If not, you're real close, perhaps they count Medicare deductions? They allow for one vehicle and one property. I also find foodstamps helpful. It comes to us as a debit card here, you use it at any cash machine or credit card swiper at the counter.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:21 PM

Mite Social Security said I dont qualify for SSI as my SSDI is higher than the maximum allowable for SSI. I do qualify for food stamps and all the other state funded projects but not SSI. I did the Ebay thing until the economy took a nose dive then I couldnt sell hardly anything and if I did it was a break even thing. I just got a notice that my food stamps will be reduced due to me getting a raise in January, I havent even heard of how much a raise I will get. They give it to you in one hand and take it away with the other. They dont want you to get ahead. God forbid if I had any money left over at the end of the month. Just being sarcastic. To get the few things I do have Ive had to save for months. Watch for sales and trade when possible. Its just really tuff I havent been to Kansas to visit my kids and grandkids for 3 years and my youngest grand child is now 1 year old and I havent even seen her. I plan on going this spring if my old clunker doesnt break down again and I can save enough money to buy tires as I am running on baldies. But thats life aint much I can do to change any of it. I just gotta keep pluggin away at it. Jimmy
Old 12-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Typical Buck

I think someone lied to you. You would have qualified with $564. Well, anyways looking for other stuff I can do for this year. Business license if I do the ebay thing so I can be a distributor, etc.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:29 PM

Hey Mite if you decide to do the ebay thing I wish you good luck at it I did ok until the economy dropped but ebay may be back at it again I havent been there in several months. Good Luck Buddy. Jimmy
Old 12-30-2004, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Hunter, HTML is pretty simple its the fancy stuff like DHTML and all the scripting languages out there thats confusing. I have a shelf load of computer books but none on web scripting languages.

Question: The form you recieved every year from SSA, before disablity, there is a place that states how much you will get if you were disabled right now. Is this figure fairly accurate? I would hate to be disappointed.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:07 AM

Hey Mite in answer to your question in my case I actually got more then they stated. I have the form right here and it says I would receieve $405.00 a month but in reality my first check was $546.00 I was very happy with that. Jimmy
Old 01-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

Uhoh, I think disability determination made a decision on my case. Soc Sec Doc sent in his report last friday and disability determintation said they make a decision a week later. That was this last friday.

Damn, it's hard to wait for that little brown envelope in the mail. I can't seem to sell anything for now, because everyone prolly spent their money on the holidays. Anyone wanna buy a mountain bike?! Heh, thought not.

Anyways, despite the divergance, needed somewhere to take out my anticipation and frustrations. Well, have a great 2005 everyone!
Old 01-02-2005, 10:39 PM

Hey Mite Ya gotta hang in there bud I know its tough, one of hardest things for me to do. I wish you good luck in the decision. Jimmy
Old 01-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

I have past the first hurdle. My case is finally out of the hands of the examiners and in Quality Review, the next step after determination services. It went to QR in Jan 12. Although chances are good since QR usually checks approved claims, I'm still not sure I'm getting it or not.

Quick Reply: I will know about disability soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.