Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 I will know about disability soon >

I will know about disability soon

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

I will know about disability soon

Old 02-04-2005, 06:27 AM

Default RE: I will know about disability soon

I hope you get it and don't have to hire a lawyer and go through the appeals process.It can be a long wait and a lawyer gets paid for doing basically nothing.My Father-in-law has a lawyer and I hope it comes through before he loses his house.It is a shame that the govt. makes us beg for something that we pay into and deserve while others get aid with no problem.Good luck.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

So yeah, it is looking very good. I just got my PRC letter (Password Request Code). I filled it out and information on SSA website says, I get paid XXX amount every XXX date. All my information is there. This before the 'decision letter' and 'award letter'.

Update: just confirmed it with SSA. I get disability starting the 16th of next month. There are issue with backpay though. Their date: June 03. I was on unemployment during that time. But unemployment was less than SSAs "substantial income" amount. But with unemployment you have to look for work, go to interviews, etc. (which I did) and state that You are able to work. My initial interview with SSA, I told them this as I gave them unemployment stubs and 2003 income tax statements.

What to do? My sis says, its really in their ballcourt. I gave them everything they needed. If they question later, tell them I was mentally incompetant :P . Case workers says, she didn't know the answer.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:17 AM

Congratulations.It is about time.You have to remember that for tax purposes,the backpay is not all used for this year but for the year it is for so you don't get screwed on your tax return.It seems that it took about the usual 18 month wait too.That is a nice chunk of change to get at once.I paid off my car and trailer when I got mine.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Ugh, I forgot about having to admend my '03 taxes and now have to do '04 taxes. Oh well.

Update: I called unemployment and they said, "don't worry about it." As long as I did my job searches and interviews, I'm entitled to benefits. So, basically they don't care.

I then called Soc. Sec. They said, "We don't have a problem with unemployment...you can be found disabled while drawing unemployment."

So I guess I'll go with the flow. MDR, I don't have a house nor trailer to pay off and my car I paid cash. I'll be looking to find a place tho. Hopefully one that will allow me to get a dog.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:43 AM

Hopefully one you can afford on SS disability too.It is nice to hear that sometimes the govt. does the right thing even if it is a little late.Good luck.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:48 AM

Good luck Mite I know how you must feel. I get the almost the same thing except my Blood preasure drops because it. I live on steroids and dealing with the bad effects of passing out. Only now I know when its comeing on I start to get light headed and dizzy and have to sit down real quick. Anyhow dont give up it is just another hurtle we have deal with and you what it gives use more time in the field to hunt maybe less money now for awhile... OH on SS if they denies you one apeal it. 3 time take it to court 99% of those with reasonable disabilities win against SS with back pay from the date you became disabled till the time you get paid with interest.......
GOOD LUCK MITE you can handle it.....
Old 03-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks BowHunter,
I will receive monthly disability payment starting the 16th of this month. Backpayment will prolly come in May or June. The award letter was lost so I've asked another to be resent.

I hear you concerning the steriods. Predisone is a nasty medication but a life saver. I was on 50mil/daily while on Cytoxan IV. Now tapered to 10mil/daily but staying there because of allergies. I get nasty allergies here in the NW.

I don't have kids/mortgage/car payments; so, you bet I'm gonna be fishing and hunting alot . And this not having funds since '02 has me going crazy. Ugh, how I hate being sick.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:32 PM

Congrats Mite!!!! So glad to hear that you got it. Life should start getting a little easier for you. God Bless. Jimmy
Old 03-14-2005, 03:46 PM

sounds good I know I will be out huntin Turkey all season even if it is eith the camera.
yeah but I am not worried steoids, I am just hopeing to keep Blood pressure up.
beside this give me lot of benifits to go along with VA, AARP, and whole lot more look into AARP while on diasbility it gives dam good car insurance rates with real good coverage.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:32 AM

Glad to hear ya got it Mite.I've been fighting it for almost two years.Congrats.

Quick Reply: I will know about disability soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.