Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 I will know about disability soon >

I will know about disability soon

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

I will know about disability soon

Old 12-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default I will know about disability soon

Hi, for those who don't know I'm working on my first appeal for disability. I have an autoimmune disease called Central Nervous System Vasculitis (CNSV). It is a disease where my immune system doesn't shut off. Central Nervous System just means it is centered in my brain. So, to make a long story short, blood vessels soak up the white blood cells, get inflammed, then burst causing a stroke. After four years of fighting this disease, 2.5 years of chemo (immunosuppessants), four strokes, and trying to work at the same time, I finally decided enough was enough and applied for disability this past May.

Tommorrow I talk to the person who will determine my eligiblity. And in a week or so, she will be making a decision which will either make me plan for hunting next season or run and get me a lawyer for the final appeal which can take up to two years. So, it's feast or famine. Well, a little feast.

Crossing my fingers...
Old 12-09-2004, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: I will know about disability soon

Tommorrow I talk to the person who will determine my eligiblity. And in a week or so, she will be making a decision which will either make me plan for hunting next season or run and get me a lawyer for the final appeal which can take up to two years. So, it's feast or famine. Well, a little feast.

Crossing my fingers...
Good Luck.

It took me 1 - 1/2 years and several apeals and a lawyer to get mine.

They told me I could drive 45 + miles one way for minanum wage.

Then I had to see the disabbility Dr.s and they finely let me have it.

What ever talk as nice as you can to the disability Judge. It will make a differance.

Good Luck.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:17 PM

Good Luck Mite It took me 5 years but the back pay was nice!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the encouragement, but I fear the disability determination already made a decision long before today. By the questions she asked today I got the feeling she didn't understand why I feel I'm qualified for disability. Anyway, she wants me to see a psychiatrist for a memory test within two weeks and will notify me regarding disability right after.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:15 PM

Hey Mite as usual the same old BS I had to see a shrink also twice. Hang in there buddy and good luck. Jimmy
Old 12-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

See the psycho tommorow. Guess my case is hard to judge but I don't think I'm going to get it. Basically, I'm not considered disabled. I can brush my teeth :X

Anyone wanna hire a slightly used programmer? I only get occasional strokes that puts me out for a month or two. Oh, I'm light sensitive (compounds my headaches, which I constantly have), can only work 2-3 hours perhaps, a big perhaps (without office music plz, too much for my poor head), and it has to close to where I live (docs won't let me drive). No manual labor (or stairs). Osteoprosis.

With two degrees (Physics/Comp Sci) perhaps I qualify for earthworm groomer?
Old 12-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I got a year and a half worth of disability when the finally approved mine. I fought with them for a year and a half. I then sent all my stuff to our State Senators. Ten days later the check came. I don't know if that would help you or not. It sure got them moving on mine. Thank God for the ss Disability, my wife worked like a horse trying to make ends meet while I had no income.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks James. I already have sent an email message to my State Senator but all our state senators are democrats and if it's anything women. Heh, the site said I'll get a reply back through regular mail but absolutely nothing. Gah, do I hate this state. The continental U.S. really is sloped towards the NW, all fruits and nuts did roll over here.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:44 AM

Mite ya just gotta hang in there and keep pluggin away at it and never give up it took me 5 years of appeals and a good lawyer to finally get it. The worst part is they always look at your age and try to get you rehabilitated into something you can do even though there isnt anything you can do. The younger you are the harder it is . Just dont give up thats what they want! Hang in there buddy and I Will put you in my prayers. Jimmy
Old 12-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

Hi all,
Just got back from my memory test. Psychologist says I'm on the bubble but he will mail the results with a report favorable to me. He also had a math degree so he knows how rigerous a memory you need to pass higher math classes, so testing, I have had memory loss. And I really tried hard. That with the meds and strokes, he thinks I need disability. So, its all up to the disability detertimiation again. My chances? Who knows. 50%?

Quick Reply: I will know about disability soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.