Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 12-04-2004, 08:37 PM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Hunter, when your ready to buy let me know. the prices on gun go up and down like a flag on a flag pole. I dont think you would realy want to be shooting a 22.250 at varments though unless your going to sell the hides to defray the cost of ammo.let alone putting up with the recoil. but thats up to you however. lot of guys buy that big gun and then end up buying a .17 or a 223 later because there cheaper to shoot unless you reload.bigkenk
Old 12-04-2004, 10:22 PM

Bigkentk a .17 or 223 will be fine and I figure Jan 3rd. So there is no hurry Thanks again. Jimmy
Old 12-06-2004, 09:13 PM

Hunter , as long as you have time look at what action you want and gun maker. lost your phone number need it again.kids useing puter move things around and foul up the system.bigkentk
Old 12-07-2004, 10:42 AM

I am new to this site am been disabled now for four years and still hunting and fishing looking for a place to elk hunt in oregon thats were I live I have been ripped by to other semi guided hunts I like to hunt heppner or ukia units. [email protected]
Old 12-07-2004, 03:17 PM

Welcome huntum glad you joined us we like a big family here. Sorry I cant help you with Oregon never been there but maybe some others here have. I cant afford to go on guided hunts or lease land so I just hunt public areas not as productive but it beats sittin at home. I figure one day some idiot slob hunter on public land will probably shoot me but thats the chance I have to take as I dont want to give up hunting. There are more hunters in public land than there are deer and every bodys blasting away. Hope we hear more from ya keep comin around there almost always some one here to talk with. Jimmy
Old 12-07-2004, 03:22 PM

Bigkentk Ive been lookin around and I got a question, whats the reason for a bull barrel? Are they a better barrel or just extra weight? Thanks Jimmy
Old 12-07-2004, 10:43 PM

Hunter, the bull was made to keep viberation down help keep it cool and add extra weight to the barrel. for my shots that i take i dont need the weight or the cooling. shoot once and its dead. the fat barrels look cool but are they worth the extra weight i say no. but thats up to you.bigkentk
Old 12-07-2004, 10:45 PM

Hunter missed one thing also more money. bigkentk
Old 12-08-2004, 12:12 PM

bigkentk I have figured out what I want let me know how much and shipping or I can come down and pick it up. Once I have total price I will try to sell my two inline muzzleloaders for that price. Its a Savage 93R17-F thats the least expensive I could find. Thanks Jimmy
Old 12-11-2004, 07:07 PM

I just joined. I am disabled. After reading some of the posts, it seems like there is a lack of disabled hunters on this chat room. I'm new. Hopefully we get more disabled people joining.

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.