Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 01-01-2005, 12:30 PM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

hUNTER,Why dont you just call the rep back and tell him you want that gun in a .243.They all go for the same price anyhow.Then you do not have to mess with it anymore and you get what you want.bigkentrk
Old 01-01-2005, 03:48 PM

Bigkentk I tried that and since the .243 is a different model and single shot they wouldnt let me. Mine was a model 100ATR and that model only comes in .270 and 30.06 thats the only model I could receive. Whats really up setting is that they said there was nothing wrong with mine, I have 5 witnesess that can vouch for my statement to them about the guns problems. So I ask the man if there was nothing wrong with my gun then why did you tell me you would repair it and send it back, he told me that they were going to rework the bolt and action. Its just a big crock of BS. Jimmy
Old 01-02-2005, 11:40 PM

hi guys well i'm not as bad disabled as some of you are i can read that-but just the same a totaled back-no bend no twist no stairs nothing over 20 lbs buldged discs scar tissue,34 injections 2 epiderals and there it is-walking to a point and back requires alot of pyching up on my part to "giterdun"but as long as i can i'm huntin-got some good friends who help if i score

bless em lord ya know they deserve it

onebullet
Old 01-03-2005, 12:33 AM

Welcome onebullet glad to have you here! A disability is a disability dont matter how severe you are welcome here. Hope to hear more from you. Jimmy
Old 01-03-2005, 01:34 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome Onebullet. Glad you made it here.

Jimmy, the mossberg 100atr looks real good with the price but I guess like all new models kinks have to be worked out, like safety's :P. I would guess that manufacturers would make the safety the most important factor in developing a new rifle. Guess not. Give them hell.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:54 AM

Hey Mite you can bet I will and as soon as the 30.06 gets here I will run it through my own tests and if it does the same thing then I will get serious with them as safety should be there #1 priority. I am hoping that it was just the one gun and not all in that model. I really liked the gun as it was as close to a tack driver as you can get. I took a big doe at 242 yards right in the heart and she dropped on the spot that was verified bt a range finder, funnt thing is It didnt look that far looking through the scope. Easiest shot I ever made. I wasnt told the distance until after I shot. I was sure glad that I had some abled bodied friends with me cause I would never of been able to drag her back to the car. I usually take 3 or 4 of the neighborhood kids hunting cause there parents dont hunt and I feel every kid deserves a chance. I have even gone as far to take them to there hunter safety classes because there parents wont. These kids are great I have not had to correct any due to horse play these kids know that gun safety is #1 and that really suprises me cause I figured teen agers with the I dont give a chit attitude but I dont see that when we are out hunting. These kids are focused and know what to do even making a drive one of the boys told me he had a shot but didnt take it because he would of had to shoot towards where I was standing, these kids are great!. I have taught them all how to feild dress a deer and every time we get one they all want to do it, even the 2 girls that go along. So far I have taught 2 of them how to butcher and wrap. Its really amazing cause you see these kids running around the neighbor hood with there friends and they look like most teens lookin for trouble but when you get em out hunting they are not the same kids responsibility kicks in and they are very reliable kids. Sorry I kind of got off subject. Jimmy
Old 01-03-2005, 11:33 AM

Hey onebullet, glad you made it here.We dont judge here. Just glad to to be alive a litty looney about guns and hunting.But thats okay.bigkentk
Old 01-03-2005, 11:42 AM

Hunter i think you will be just as happy with the 30.06.I have used that cal. for 25 years and been happy with it. Just got to remember you can always look for something else.I just a 300.Ultramag about 1 year ago and that is one hell of a rifle.The mag has one hell of a kick but added a brake and that solved that problem.Like those big guns a lot. bigkentk
Old 01-03-2005, 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: bigkentk

Hey onebullet, glad you made it here.We dont judge here. Just glad to to be alive a litty looney about guns and hunting.But thats okay.bigkentk
I can DO THAT

and by the way i am an oddball when it comes to the caliber gun i use - 44rem mag pistol- lighter to carry- and can holster it to help get in stand -plus a big boom(oh yeah im kinda deadly with it too)
Old 01-03-2005, 07:45 PM

Hey onebullet thats okay i use a pistol myself. I use a encore 7mm/08 rem.. got a nice 9 pointer this fall with it. bigkentk

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.