Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
How bad are Barnett crossbows? >

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Old 12-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ropaque
Ill tell you what's going on here. All the guys with the high dollar bows are all bashing the Barnett because they spent so much money on their bows they are brainwashed into thinking if it doesn't cost a grand its "junk". I bought a Barnett jackal 2 years ago for my kids and the thing shoots awesome. I love shooting it as well as my kids. Yes one thing is it is a little big but definitely manageable even by my 6 and 8 year old kids. And all the people talking about Barnett's customer support, I called the other week about adding a cable slide to the bow and they were super nice and helpful and mailed me the slide and new cables for free. By the way the new jackal comes with the slide. I can buy 4 jackal's with a scope and four bolts each for the price of one ten point, chew on that. To all the guys talking Foo Foo on Barnett "STOP HATING!" sometimes cheap thing work well too. I am 100% happy with the purchase I made and if it broke tomorrow I would surely order another jackal before any other xbow. But I wouldn't have to" buy" another because its still covered under the 5-FIVE-I REPEAT 5year warranty.
In my case, No. I had a ton of problems with my Quad 400. I finally junked it and bought a Horton (about $300), no complaints and I've had it 4 years.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Spike

*Update*
I received the risers on exactly the date promised. They appear to be new as the markings I had on them are gone and the strings look new. The bowstring is much heavier as confirmed by tech support moments ago. They had a problem and have addressed it. They did however forget to put the cable spacers in the box. I called them and they politely said they would get them out right away. As far as customer service goes, they have treated me very professionally. As for the new string I will keep ya posted. Vammy

Last edited by Vamooska; 12-21-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: I fixed muh spellin. :)
Old 12-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

There customer service is great.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Spike

i love the fact that the bashers wont accept the fact that this company has turned itself around, every major bow manufacturer has had failures, Barnett has just made so many in the past when quality control was low and warranty was at only a year that they caught up with them. Having new owners and people like they do at there warranty dept has made a huge difference, i own a 2011 carbon riser buck commander and really like it alot, ive had almost every brand of crossbow out excalibur,darton,horton,and tenpoint, scorpyd,including 1000.00 dollar models, my opinion is this crossbow is a beauty i dont give a rats butt what some of the na-sayers think about whats in the past, as of now this company holds its own with most or all of the other guys, call Rob Smith he will take your call or someone there will ,and ask him all those questions.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Spike

Talking Which crossbow should I buy?

Hunters
I am shopping for my 14yearold a crossbow. I have not purchused one since 2006 when I bought my Horton Legend. I's been great but I only have about $350 to invest. Anyone got any suggestions on whats best for the money? Thanks for your help !
Old 01-13-2012, 05:12 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 14ARhunter
Hunters
I am shopping for my 14yearold a crossbow. I have not purchused one since 2006 when I bought my Horton Legend. I's been great but I only have about $350 to invest. Anyone got any suggestions on whats best for the money? Thanks for your help !
Look hard and long. I just picked up an Excalibur Exocet 200 with scope and lots of arrows for $350.00
Old 01-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

You couldn't go wrong with an Excal or a Wicked Ridge which is made by TenPoint. Do yourself a hug favor and call David at Wyvern Creations. He will help you tremendously with straight answers and hard facts with no pressure to buy anything 603-659-0575
Old 01-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Spike

Default Barnett xbows

Theolder models except for the jackel and wildcat had alot of problems. They now offer a 5 year warrenty, there customer service is really good. I just received my predator on 1-12-2012, i called them at least 7 times with questions. They answered them all, including call backs. This bow is insane on how fast and powerful it is. I paid 443.00 on ebay for the 2011, new in box version. From what i have heard talking to guys that actualy owned a barnett in the old days they deserved there reputation, thats changing fast. Wax your cables and strings alot, make sure your bow is fully cocked, basic common sense and you will do fine with your choice.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Spike

i agree, just posted something on this topic, but they are working to change there rep and have some good stuff. These xbows blow almost every other company out of the water for speed and power. Barnett predator is what i love.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Spike

What do you mean explode?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.