Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
How bad are Barnett crossbows? >

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Old 03-17-2018, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

You get 20 bad reports to maybe 1 good one.I,ll never own one.I heard customer service is a nightmare.For which all junk products always have bad CS because they are always swamped with calls.Ihave had pro shops and discount sporting goods stores say that they have a lot of problems with people wantin to return em and dealing with the co.No thanks,I got enough headaches in my life.I luv my Parker and the CS.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:46 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by coyote170
Thats why I said to call David his"goodies packages"are hard to beat and the advice and guideance are worth as much as his
packages and its free!
LOL! Its free.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

I have owned two Barnett crossbows and have been very pleased. No problems.. Called customer service wanting a new bow string and asked how muck?? told me they would ship it out right away with no charge.. I have the Ghost 420 no and it shoots great.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Spike

Default Barnett

I've had my second hand Barnett 4 years no issues. My hunting buddy's 10 point been repaired 4 times.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:51 AM
Spike

Nothing wrong with a Barnett Crossbow. Have my second one now, a Vengeance. CS is very good to great. Lot depends on the callers attitude when they have a problem. Year ago a limb broke. Emailed Barnett. Next morning I had the RMO to send the broken pieces back. (Not under warranty). 10 days later I had new limbs, cable and strings for $100. This fall the arrow retainer would not hold the arrows cocked if the bow was pointed down and bumped slightly. Emailed Barnett. Sent me 2 replacement parts no charge. Put one on and problem solved. Lot of the bashing towards Barnett is nothing more than peer pressure and status symbol. "Look at me, I have a XXXX crossbow "
Old 01-31-2019, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't read this whole thread, but just having those things go wrong sounds like a sign to me.

I've had my Horton for something like 18 years, without a single problem.

That being said, some of these new bows are ridiculously priced. And I wouldn't drop $1,500 on them. So if a few minor issues are the price to pay for affordable.... I guess that's part of it.

For a high dollar bow, I would expect no problems. No need for returns or purchasing replacement parts.

-Jake

​​​​
Old 01-31-2019, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Centerpoint Crossbows are the best kept secret on the market for PRICE, SPEED and Reliability.

I am not sure how many people are aware of centerpoint bows.

Read the reviews on Amazon and prices below $300

Centerpoint Sniper 370
Mercenary
Spectre

Are just a few... shooting in the 370 fps range with AR style stocks great for youth.
I have had a lot of the big guys, ten point, Excalibur, Parker,

Centerpoint is the fastest and best quality bow under $300. I don't think many customers are aware but people are starting to figure out that this bow with the name "Crosman" behind it....is no beebee gun......... Great Quality, like I said read the amazon reviews on the Sniper. Take Care!

Last edited by MichiganWhitetails74; 01-31-2019 at 03:54 PM.