Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
How bad are Barnett crossbows? >

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Old 12-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

It occurs to me that the question we should be asking is how GOOD said crossbows are. I don't want a delineation of how bad something is in ANY choice I make when that choice involves something that's just inches from my face.....much less my eyes.
As for the newbies that are proud of their recent purchase, can you at least wait until you've shot the bow (at least) 300 times before telling us how enamored you are with your decision. ALL new things are great- we wouldn't have bought them otherwise-not all things used, esp if applied under hunting conditions, always pan out to be the same.

Last edited by Cossack; 12-03-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well said!!X2
Old 12-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

My dad and both of my brothers got Barnett's. There biggest complaint is how heavy they are, and the arrows that come with it are JUNK, they were 15-20 grs different from each other (no tips in).
Old 02-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Spike

I purchased the Barnett buck commander package for 500.00. Very nice flat shooting bow. Excellent accuracy and very fun to shoot.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

A few yrs ago there was a group of us that 'hung out' here. Can't recall for certain the names, but there were some Bnett guys w/ quad 300's that swore by them. Moxie and Treeclimber ring a big bell.

Don't read much bad about them on the other forums, and there are no doubt others that are less prone to problems.

I wish them well.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:12 AM
Fork Horn

Year 2 of my Barnett Quad 400...love it, love it, love it. I trust it completely. A lot of shots through it.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:12 AM
Spike

Lets start a thread on Excaliburs, Parkers, and TenPoints and see how many complaints we rack up? I'm guessin not near as many as what this Barnett thread gets.

AND when there is a problem, does it get fixed? Again I'm guessin those 3 companies will far out perform Barnett. Ya get what ya pay for.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:49 AM
Spike

Smile

Ill tell you what's going on here. All the guys with the high dollar bows are all bashing the Barnett because they spent so much money on their bows they are brainwashed into thinking if it doesn't cost a grand its "junk". I bought a Barnett jackal 2 years ago for my kids and the thing shoots awesome. I love shooting it as well as my kids. Yes one thing is it is a little big but definitely manageable even by my 6 and 8 year old kids. And all the people talking about Barnett's customer support, I called the other week about adding a cable slide to the bow and they were super nice and helpful and mailed me the slide and new cables for free. By the way the new jackal comes with the slide. I can buy 4 jackal's with a scope and four bolts each for the price of one ten point, chew on that. To all the guys talking Foo Foo on Barnett "STOP HATING!" sometimes cheap thing work well too. I am 100% happy with the purchase I made and if it broke tomorrow I would surely order another jackal before any other xbow. But I wouldn't have to" buy" another because its still covered under the 5-FIVE-I REPEAT 5year warranty.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

It is the same story with muzzleloaders. Everyone puts down CVA and calls them junk. Truth is I have had the great TC muzzleloader and others and I now have a CVA and like it better than any of the others. To each their own I guess.

PS I have a Wildcat C5 also and like it!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Barnett Panzer 4. I think it only cost $180. I have mixed feelings about it. I had terrible results with it until I took the POS red dot sight off and replaced it with a good rifle scope that was on my .22. At 22 yard I hot bullseye everytime soaybe Ill have good luck this year.

You also have to pull the string back slowly to prevent it from twisting. The worst thing is it is loud. The little metal tab that holds down the arrow vibrates loudly.

I'd give it a 7 out out of 10

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.